Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if you could remove/delete the carbon canister and fuel vapor condensor ( i think that is whats its called). I know it takes fuel vapors from the fuel tank and condenses them and dispurses them into the engine..

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Yes you can, just make sure you keep the line coming from the tank open, so the tank can vent.:bigthumbsup

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and the other lines can be plugged? i better take a closer look at it..

hey 89coupe, you have allot of knowledge.. are you a tech?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
The vac lines from the intake can be removed also.

Not a Tech, just been a Mustang junkie since about 1999. I was 18 then, just never got out of it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok im gonna take a closer look at it before i remove it..

oh haha cool..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so i just took a better look. There is a plastic line goin into the canister, Im assuming that is the one coming from the fuel tank. And there is a hose coming out of the canister along with 2 wires and some kind of sensor.. the hose goes into the upper intake manifold and the wires goin into another sensor that go into the fuel rail..

So i take the canister off and leave the fuel tank hose open, and then i plug the hose that goes to the intake manifold right? and unplug the wires.. and this wont hurt anything right?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Right! But if you unhook the wires from the CANP solenoid, you may get a CEL, Can't remember.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a cel?

ok so what do i do with the wires that come off the canister.. and i think it plugs into the coolant lines not the fuel rail..

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
CEL= Check Engine Light

The wires should have a black 2 prong plug, unhook it from there and see if the CEL comes on, if not do away with it. If it does, you can plug it back up, and tie it out of the way. But the vac lines running to it, need to be removed, and the Ports blocked off:bigthumbsup

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just got done removing it.. i unplugged the wires first to see it the CEL would come up but it didnt.. so i tucked the hose coming from the fuel tank down thro the fender by the brake line and i removed that canister and the wires and plugged the hose goin to the intake manifold.. looks a little better with out those hoses, wires, and that stupid canister..

thanks 89coupe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.