Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found only one - from BMR Fabrication. Are there others to compare it to?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
That's the only carbon fiber one I've found. I've been looking at the Powerhouse aluminum driveshaft. Considerably cheaper and those on here who've purchased them have been happy.

·
Registered
767 Posts
You can build your own aluminum driveshaft from a Ranger driveshaft for about $350 or so.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
The BMR one is made somewhere else and is the only one I know of.

I have and am VERY happy with the Powerhouse alu 1-piece! I know CF should be as strong but I still feel better with alu going over gravel etc. TQ, strenght and weight wise they are compairable. I actually think the alu ones are a bit lighter than the CF one...!?

To make your own you have to know a great welderer. Plus balancing can get VERY pricey!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Did you pick up any off the line speed going with the aluminum drive shaft?

-danny

kj_cinci said:

I have and am VERY happy with the Powerhouse alu 1-piece! I know CF should be as strong but I still feel better with alu going over gravel etc. TQ, strenght and weight wise they are compairable. I actually think the alu ones are a bit lighter than the CF one...!?

To make your own you have to know a great welderer. Plus balancing can get VERY pricey!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Yes. Like with the initial tune that take the thrttle lagg out the sturdier DS will apply the power to the rear and the seat of your back quicker. It is much more dirrect and easier to get a feel for, like on a lounge. They say they are good for 10-15 HP due to less rotationl mass but I don't know that for sure. I do know I thrust it with my 560 RWHP and I love the feel!! Easy install too! Remember the lock-tite!!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kj_cinci said:

The CF is probably a little more prone to getting chipped which will have adverse affects on strength. Not that I go over gravel very often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts