Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know a good website with the cheapest carbon fiber hoods for a 2000 mustang V6? i know deftracing.com but im looking for the absolute cheapest obviously. if anyone can help, send a link. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the link, do you know any site that sells a carbon hood including shipping for $500 or less?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
thanks for the link, do you know any site that sells a carbon hood including shipping for $500 or less?
You can find the hood for under $500 but with shipping that probably won't happen.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill check, thanks dude

·
Registered
235 Posts
Some websites will charge you shipping but will ship it to a shop for free or at least at a discount. Look around and have it delivered to a shop. ood luck finding one for under $500 though. Save some more money and get a nice one, you will be happier with the finished product.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm from illstreet. We own the website stlwagon linked to above. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a good hood for under $500 shipped. The problem is that you CAN get them for less than $500 BUT the clear coat tends to fade, the edges will likely be pretty rough, you'll have more imperfections in the weave and I've seen the epoxy that holds the top of the hood to the frame actually fail and have the hood literally come apart. Respraying the clear after it wears off in a year is going to cost around $100 by itself. I'd just shop around on google/ebay and find the best price for a reputable company. You should expect to spend about $550 with insurance and shipping to a commercial address.

I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ronnie,
we just finished negotiations to begin carrying an off brand hood. They will be $50-$100 cheaper than our ViS products so this fits in your budget. I do have to warn you though, we do not offer any warranty or support on the off brand hoods. That means, we guarantee it will fit the car
but it won't fit like a ViS hood will. Any way, let us know if you need a price quote or just look it up on carbon fiber hoods .net

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.