Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just bought an old(but completely rebuilt) Autolite 1100 off e-bay for my 65 mustang 200 6 cylinder. I was told by the seller it would fit my car. I looked up the numbers on the base or the carb, and it says its typically used on 170 6 cylinders. My question is can i still use it on my car, if so, will i notice much of a power loss? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
You're good. Only concern is if carb is 67 or later when it wasn't an SCV carb. Doubt you'll notice any diff at all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I disagree with Explorer. There are many variations of the 1100. Yes, they all will work to some degree, but there are differences in the CFM and there are automatic choke and manual choke models and a carburetor for a car with an automatic transmission should have a dashpot. Pony Carburetors can tell you what part number 1100 works on your car. They also sell a book (you can also get it on Ebay and many other places) that tells you the details of every part number for the 1100. Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. The carburetor is for a manual transmission with a manual choke, which is what my car is .Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yes, this is true. All else being equal, the 170ci carb was 1.10 venturi and 156cfm. The 200 carb was 1.20 venturi and 185 cfm. I should have been more complete with my response. Major diff is after 1967 and not compatible with a Load-a-Matic distributor. Bolt pattern and throttle bore were the same till then also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts