Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy new original 80/20 loop carpet for my 1965 Mustang 2+2 Fastback. Several vendors offer it: Mustangs Unlimited, Johns Mustang, NPD, etc. It is all about the same price, but is it all the same quality? Does anyone know who has the best quality carpet or any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Jay is right most parts very few people make but every vendor has a different price for it.Also look if they have free shipping if you spend so much and if there in your state you pay sells tax.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Auto Custom Carpets vs Stock Interiors

I read somewhere that Stock Interiors got their carpet from Auto Custom Carpets. Stock Interiors prices are less than ACC. So, I emailed Stock Interiors and asked them if they get their carpet from ACC. Here is the email and their reply:

I am looking for replacement carpet for my 1967 Ford Mustang. I have looked at carpet from Auto Custom Carpets.

I read somewhere that you get your replacement carpet from Auto Custom Carpets.

Is that true?

Thanks.

Hello, Yes this particular carpet would be manufactured by Auto Custom Carpets.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Stock Interiors
866-868-4577

·
Registered
574 Posts
ACC is the major supplier. However, in my experience, their quality control is poor. I had to return two units before I got one that was right (the padding was glued on crooked on the first one...the second one was short on the right side). Once you cut it, you can't return it...so make sure it looks and measures right.

BTW, a heat gun is really helpful for relaxing the folds that crease the carpet during shipping. Be careful not to get it too close though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts