Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that the 4 bolt application is better but not sure.

Anybody Know if bumpsteer kit's work?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I heard the 4 bolt ones are the best, but require drilling the 4th hole. I'm gonna get the 3 hole UPR ones, I think the 4 holes are more for auto X than street. I have the UPR bump steer kit. The thing is I should have bought a more complete kit to drop my car. I kept the stock 80k mile shocks and struts, and soon after the drop it started driving funny. First a tie rod end, now a ball joint. I plan on getting replacement parts for lowered cars so I should be OK. My rear is kinda sagging too, but I blame the 50+ launches at the track over the past 2 years on that. I have steeda X2 ball joints and plan on getting some weight jacker adjustable lowers for the rear with poly isolators. If I had it to do over again I would have bought all the junk at once and installed everything. About the bump steer kit, its basicly different tie rod ends with spacers for the ball joint connection. I had no clue what spacers to use, so I don't know if its right or not. I put them on myself and limped to an alignment shop for final adjustments. I really think the 275s up front have a lot to do with my funky front end. O well I'll keep throwing quality parts at it and it should straighten out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks dollerbill...U was thinking of going with the 3 bolt application aswell.

Anybody else? And which one should I go for?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can anybody recommend any camber plates?

I can get these ones from kenny brown but they dont look as good as upr's and other names brands similar to those.then you got bbk's which look the same but are alot more[ which is normal]

·
Registered
316 Posts
Did u look at the maximum motorsports ones. I got those on my lx and I think there good cc plates.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Im running steeda plates on mine , which are 3 bolt and work great.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive looked at steeda and motorsport...still not sure? But that will help...thanx guys

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm also running Steeda's 3-bolt plates on my 87 coupe and they are awesome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.