Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question bout the new suspension for my car. i will be buying new lowering springs for my car, i will be dropping it two inches all the way around. do i need to get caster camber plates to get my car aligned right or not. also any suggustions on shocks and struts looking for good ones but cheaper in price, keep in mind i do drag race so i would like a little more traction on the start.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Yes you need plates for 2 inch drop

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Even with a 1.5 I would get the plates.

Maximum Motorsport plates are one of the best out there.

If you are looking for drag friendly, look at the Tokico D-spec. They can be adjusted to work for drag, but can also be adjusted back to a street friendly/good handling set up.

Tokico doesn't sell their drag strut/shock anymore because the D-spec covers the adjustable range of the drag version.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Yep, you'll need the cc plates for a two inch drop. You can take a look at these: 94-04 Mustang Billet Shark Caster Camber Plates

For shocks and struts, you should consider these: 1994-2002 Ford Mustang Strange 10 Way Adjustable Shock S6004LM - UPR Products

1987-1993 Ford Mustang Strange 10 Way Adjustable Strut S6001EM - UPR Products

If you looked closely, you'll notice I recommended the 87-93 struts. They are a little shorter than the 94-04 struts, so they work better on a lowered car like yours will be. The Strange 10-ways are a great strip strip shock, with plenty of adjustability. They can be adjusted with no tools in about two minutes all the way around. They're really nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts