Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good write up on how to do this? I'd love a link.

Also, Is there a 'left' and 'right' plate? I got a set of the UPR plates for fathers day, both of them look identical.

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS: How do I edit my post title? camber, not chamber........

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
basically:
1.take the old one off

2.put the new one on

:yup::gringreen

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry if this is a dump question.

With the caster camber plates I don't use the rubber bushings on top of the strut anymore. The spacers that came with the caster camber plates replaced them? I don't use the sleeve that went around the strut arm anymore either?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Just out of curiosity did the UPR C/C plates come with any instructions :?:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Press the button that says "Click here for instructions"
94-04 Mustang Billet Shark Caster Camber Plates
The key thing to pay attention to is the orientation of the CC plate. Look at the pic in instructions and make sure with the rounded out edge going the right direction.

I have these CC plates and the install was simple. And no you don't use the rubber bushings on top.

Have fun getting the nut off the strut:winks

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it done. Thanks.......

There were no directions with them and I was unsure of what I was doing. The first side took about an hour, the second side took 20 minutes.

It is a very easy swap when you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Got it done. Thanks.......

There were no directions with them and I was unsure of what I was doing. The first side took about an hour, the second side took 20 minutes.

It is a very easy swap when you know what you are doing.
Thank you for the conformation; I've read that same thing on other Mustang forums and still to this day wonder how UPR can ship out there C/C plates without some sort of installation instructions.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Thank you for the conformation; I've read that same thing on other Mustang forums and still to this day wonder how UPR can ship out there C/C plates without some sort of installation instructions.
It had to be a shipping error. I've purchased several sets of UPR CC Plates (before I started working there) and they always had instructions in the boxes. AND the instructions are on the website.

Of course, if anyone has ANY questions about installing their UPR parts, they can ask me or call 561.588.6630 and ask them. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
It had to be a shipping error. I've purchased several sets of UPR CC Plates (before I started working there) and they always had instructions in the boxes. AND the instructions are on the website.

Of course, if anyone has ANY questions about installing their UPR parts, they can ask me or call 561.588.6630 and ask them. :bigthumbsup
Once or twice could be a shipping error granted, but I've heard that same thing about no instructions being shipped probably 6 or 7 times over the past year. :nono:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm doing a 5-lug conversion on my 91 vert and was going to install CC plates also. When it's aligned, do I align it to 91 specs or later specs? I know proboably dumb question!

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Once or twice could be a shipping error granted, but I've heard that same thing about no instructions being shipped probably 6 or 7 times over the past year. :nono:
This is the first I've heard of it, but I'd be happy to mail all seven of them printed instructions if they can't open the web link.

I'm doing a 5-lug conversion on my 91 vert and was going to install CC plates also. When it's aligned, do I align it to 91 specs or later specs? I know proboably dumb question!
Neither? :winks You would align it to 91 specs, but the factory specs are pretty conservative. Add a little negative camber and run it a little closer to 0° toe, and it'll be sharper on the steering. Add some caster and it'll be more stable in a straight line. If you have a shop in town that performs "performance" alignments, go there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts