Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening guys I have a question I am planning on getting Mac long tube headers and I will be needing a shorty mid pipe but do not know where to get a catted X pipe. I do not want to do off road X pipe due to the fact that I have the SLP loudmouth 1's. They will be very loud and I have seen clips on youtube and o/r x sound to loud for my taste. I also live in the state of california and with that sound i will be getting pulled over. I have looked for a while and the only shorty x pipes i have found are SLP but it says they only fit the SLP long tube headers. Is this true??? I also looked into the BBK shorty catted H pipe but I do not like BBK. You guys have any idea?? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Just curious, how would you pass smog with long tubes in Cali? Besides converting back to stock:)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just smogged it a couple days ago and will not need to smog it again for a while so I figure I can enjoy the long tubes for that long and during this time and I can be saving to do the stock swap for the smog test later on.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I just smogged it a couple days ago and will not need to smog it again for a while so I figure I can enjoy the long tubes for that long and during this time and I can be saving to do the stock swap for the smog test later on.

Good Idea I don't have to do smog for another two years, maybe I should go with an offroad h pipe for a while. :bigthumbsup BBK,MAC, OR SUMMIT?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
That's good, do you plan on getting her strapped on the dyno after you get your exhaust setup installed?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Yeah I plan on dyno tuning it at Fresno Performance Hoping to get some good numbers:bigthumbsup
Who's going to do the dyno tuning? Nathan from All Out Performance did mine, he used to work there at Fresno Performance.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no idea I talked to Greg in the front desk but he did not say who would do the dyno tuning. Last time I was there they were dyno tuning a 2004 Cobra it looked and sounded sick:bigthumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.