Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys so im startin to have second thoughts about gettin my MRT catted h pipe and possibly gettin a magnaflow or bassani catted x pipe but had some questions first....i understand that the x pipe is more raspy and nascar sounding while the h pipe has more of a deep muscle car rumble but how does the catted x pipe differ in sound from the o/r x pipe? ive heard videos of stangs with catted x pipes and 40 flows (which are the mufflers i have) that sound sick as hell and while the sound i am looking for is definetly that of a deep rumble i was wondering if the catted x pipe may not be a bad choice to go with....also is the catted x much louder than the catted h? and in your guys opinion what do u think the best combo would be for my flows? thanks for any advice!

-Steve

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Well if you are looking for a deep tone, you should go with the h pipe. I dont think the x pipe is actually louder, its just has a raspy tone to it. I love my bassani catted x pipe with my magnaflows, its got that nascar sound to it but at the same time in a deep tone. The difference in catted and o/r is that the o/r is much louder, but it wont pass inspection, so ya would have to find a way around that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.