Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing Cavitation (real hot returned fuel) in my fuel system due to Texas heat. My Fuel pump locks up a bit or jumps around causing no power or jumpy power. This occurs after driving for a while in 92-100+degree weather. Especially if my tank is below 1/2 empty. My only fix right now is to fill up with cooler gas. But if It's real hot 98-100+degrees even a full tank will do this after a long drive.
I went to Aeromotives site and Looked at the Faq's and realized I need a Fuel cooler radiator thingy....
Well, the problem is my Fuel lines are racing lines (not steel braded) and they are 10an "to the engine" and 8an "returning to the tank". The only Fuel cooler I found was a Flex-a-Lite that is 6an on both ends.

Will this work on the return line going 6an to 8an??
I also saw that you can put on on the "to engine" fuel line also, but 10 an to 6an seem like it will reduce my pressure or not work???

Please, if anyone has one or 2 of these fuel coolers help me out here..
Thanks,
TK :evilchuck

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured it out!!!!
I called Flex-A-Lite and I have to use an Oil cooler for 8an lines.....and its' huge!!! 7X15X1....should really help cool my gas.......not sure if it has a fan but I am sure I can mount one on it if I have to....lol

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
dude I'd run one going to the engine if you got room. think of how well that nice cool gas would react under boost.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BlueStreak03 said:
dude I'd run one going to the engine if you got room. think of how well that nice cool gas would react under boost.

Yeah, thats my next step if this doesn't help.......but since the return line will be cooler, (hotter that "to" line) my gas to the engine should be cooler also............we will see............I just want to be able to drive in the heat without my pump crappin out..... :shrug
TK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.