Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying these c/c plates http://www.amazon.com/maXpeedingrods-Mustang-1994-2004-Camber-Alignment/dp/B013W9Z07S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1461292511&sr=8-5&keywords=mustang+caster+camber+plates do you think these would be strong enough for coil overs? I'm on a tight budget so these should help with my alignment when I do the kmember. I know the 4 bolt is strongest so that's the only one I will get so what is your thoughts. I just cant afford the mm plates and I want them installed as I do the kmember thanks.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
You're getting coilovers but can't afford a good set of CC plates?

For $74 it's worth a shot but I would buy the American Muscle house brand before those.

I have a UPR 3 bolt CC plates (not that much more than the ones you linked) and i wouldn't think twice about doing coilovers.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Suspension really isn't something you wanna cheap out on. You get what you pay for, and with cheap suspension parts you really don't get much. It's really not the sort of work you wanna do twice, and if cheap parts now only end up leading to better parts later then in reality you really haven't saved anything. I apply that thought process to just about everything, but with suspension in particular being somewhat of a safety item (think about what might happen if something breaks or the car doesn't react to the road and your inputs as intended at 100 mph) I really try to steer people away from cheaping out. I'm a middle of the road shopper, myself.

Doesn't mean you have to spend top dollar for MM stuff, but like Jon mentioned UPR are in about the same price range as what you're looking at and all their stuff is pretty decent.

I haven't seen Sharad around in a coon's age, but there is also a 5% forum member discount you can get through UPR. Think you have to call their 800 number and speak to somebody to get it.

The classifieds here kinda suck, but you may want to look over at Corral.net, Mustangforums, Moddedmustangs, SVTP etc and see if there's any deals on some slightly used stuff. Always good to check that option out especially when you're on a tight budget.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coilovers are way down the road my grandfather says he wouldnt spend that much money on good plates since its a dd and i dont abuse it they should be fine ill take a look at the upr plates ive got a month before i do the kmember i am with you all on the cheaping out part i feel as tho they might break but i dont really have the time to get the money for more expensive ones

·
Registered
755 Posts
My Ford dealership drilled out the rivets and that allowed them to push my stock plates over just a tad. That was enough to get my car into spec. It's not worth spending grocery money on CC plates unless you make MAJOR modifications to the front suspension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts