Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys.. noob here.

i just bought a 1998 mustang 3.8l v6 and i was looking to remove the factory cd changer and, the after market sony cd player. but i cant figure out where to start. do i have to take off any trim around the changer/player for it to come out i dont want to take anyting off yet until i find out how to doit the right way so if there is anybody who knows of a link i might have missed or maybe a diagram i could look at please post it so i can get my alpine in and that crap sony out ... thanks Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody? i looked at what i thought was cd changer, but is actually just a cd player my bad... told you i was a noob..lol anyway i stuck 2 coat hangers into the 4holes on outer rims of cd player( factory) and i can only get one side to pop out at a time uugggg... what am i doing wrong? and also the sony player doesnt have the 4 holes so how do i get that out of there?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
you will have to pull the trim off around the cd player, and pull the face plate off the actual cd player that should allow you to get in there and yank that thing out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you do not actually have to take any trim off. the easiest thing and what i did was go to your local auto parts store and they should have a stereo removal kit. all it is is a u shaped piece of metal with a wierd little end. you just push that in about 1/4 to 1/2 inch and then push outward on the two tools and it will come right out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.