Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
BadPuss said:
Who has one and what is the modification to the front facia?, that CDC says you need to make before the chin will fit.

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catalog/itemdisplay/656.html

jb
Dear Badpuss,

I have the CDC "Classic" Chin Spoiler installed on my ride...

Great addition, low clearance (be careful), looks great too...

No modifications to the front end, just screws and tape...

See, Dave :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Thats not the aggressive tho is it? Doesnt look like it

·
Registered
559 Posts
Stoenr said:
Thats not the aggressive tho is it? Doesnt look like it
No, that's the Classic Chin Spoiler...

The Agressive Spoiler sticks out further in the front which creates a "snow plow" look...

But it probably attaches the same way!!!

D

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the "classic" as well, and when I made my choice it was because you needed to actually cut off part of the stock lower facia to install the "aggresive" version.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jm2005 said:
I have the "classic" as well, and when I made my choice it was because you needed to actually cut off part of the stock lower facia to install the "aggresive" version.
Thanks Jm, Finally getting closer. Now if I can get Silverado to answer my question, what is the modification to the OEM facia to make the aggressive chin fit?, in this case a picture is not worth a thousand words so how about a little help here.

jb

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Discofan, Your classic chin is very sharp and I may reconsider mounting the aggressive chin regardless of mods. Now that its been on the car what is your impression of the chin?

jb

·
Registered
559 Posts
BadPuss said:
Discofan, Your classic chin is very sharp and I may reconsider mounting the aggressive chin regardless of mods. Now that its been on the car what is your impression of the chin?

jb
Dear BadPuss,

To be as honest as I can be:

1. I love it...
2. I get alot of compliments about it .
3. I think that at highway speeds, it helps hold the front end down on the pavement better than not having one...
4. I have not lowered the front end and still have only about 5 - 6" of clearance from this style spoiler... (BE VERY CAREFULL)

First day after painting and installation, I scraped the bottom of the spoiler on a very steep driveway. I had to touch up the paint on the underside of the spoiler...

Remember that if you park you car in a parking lot with concrete parking bumpers, please "back your car into the parking space"...

Good Luck, Dave :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CDC chin

$219 and free shipping is the best I can find for the CDC standard chin, anyone else doing better?

jb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts