Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put the Steeda springs on my Stang GT that lowered it 1 ". I really want to put the CDC Classic chin spoiler on but am worried about clearance. It's a daily driver. I'm careful over bumps and dips but dont want to be scraping it every time I drive. Anyone have experience with this spoiler who has lowered their car? Just want to know if it's worth buying or will it be tore up after a short time.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I have the same springs with the classic CDC spoiler....its a bit tough but all in all its worth the look! I have scraped the bottom of it twice but not bad...its gonna happen no matter how careful you are. like I said...its worth it :) thought I had a pick but not an updated one.

·
Registered
308 Posts
With only being lowered 1" you should be fine.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I have debated this also. For that reason have lowered the rear only (1")
Keeps the rear still 1/4" higher than front. Much more level look without the huge rear wheel well. Springtime Ill make up the decision to go spoiler or lower the fronts. One or the other. I know Ill end up ripping the chin spoiler off at some point.

·
Registered
308 Posts
On my 03 I'm lowered 1.6 in the front and have the chin spoiler on it.The only time I scrape is at severe angles.They are alot harder to tear off than you would think.I'm eventually going to lower the 06 1.5 and add the spoiler and will just be carefull :)

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Stoenr said:
I have debated this also. For that reason have lowered the rear only (1")
Keeps the rear still 1/4" higher than front. Much more level look without the huge rear wheel well. Springtime Ill make up the decision to go spoiler or lower the fronts. One or the other. I know Ill end up ripping the chin spoiler off at some point.
Stoenr, I did the same thing..I had the chin spoiler on first then I lowered the rear about a month later. looked sweet...then about another month later I did the front...Ya just gotta be careful....not as careful as ya might think though..its not bad..really. ...especially if ya drive basicaly in the same area that you know...whats gonna get ya is when ya gotta outa town or somwhere your not familure of. go for it :)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
With the FRPP lowering coils,the front end came down a lot,from the bottom of the bumper cover-4" off the ground.And the springs havn't settled yet.There is no room for any of the cool chin spoilers avalible.To many potholes here in the winter.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
MickMach said:
Stoenr, I did the same thing..I had the chin spoiler on first then I lowered the rear about a month later. looked sweet...then about another month later I did the front...Ya just gotta be careful....not as careful as ya might think though..its not bad..really. ...especially if ya drive basicaly in the same area that you know...whats gonna get ya is when ya gotta outa town or somwhere your not familure of. go for it :)
Why did you end up lowering the front after a month? did the rear settle too much and end up lower than the front?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Stoenr said:
Why did you end up lowering the front after a month? did the rear settle too much and end up lower than the front?
oh no..the car stayed the same..or close to it...I just figured I had spent the money for the Steeda kit might as well use it all. I like the way it looks too. 1" drop up front made a diff too.. car looks mean :) my car sits 27 1/2" from the center of the fender to the ground...MY chin spoiler is 6 3/4" to the ground at the lowest point.. I have the 64Ws ..you have the 64Es if I remember? Didnt think to measure the rear wheel well...I think its 1" diff 28 1/2.
I got my California dreaming hood installed Friday...MAN! I love it! need to get some pics.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Nice, the #'s sound right. And YES get some pics of that hood, and how is it over 80 mph? ging the hood pin route? How did the install/fitment go?
I so want that hood. G/F is considering buying it for me for b-day, and xmas, and another bday present. lol. I also heard from another user that it actually makes for less air into the intake for one reason or another.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I just got back home from painting on the blue stripes.... When I painted my stripes on 2 months ago I didnt clear the entire panels...just striped it...so I painted the new hood all white Thursday...wanted to stripe it Sat but didnt work out and didnt get down to the shop til late this evening...oh well. I didnt want the hood pins...I havent had a chance to run it 80mph yet....havent been outa town. But the hood feels strong..I believe it will fine....it shuts kinda hard which is what I adjusted it to do... ijust drop it from 2 feet or so. I also think with it being a ram air hood that would help push down on the hood as air goes thru the openings??? not sure. Not sure but I took the air hose and blew air into the openings and i thought enough air came out underside for the intake. I agree with ya..its pricy but......what the heck :) will get pic tomorrow.
Fit couldnt have been any better. the gap is tight at the back of the hood so I moved my fenders in at the front to make the line even. thats it! the washer nozels are close...just a little fine touch on that area. these hoods have 4 1/8" lines that run from the front openings to the back of the hood...I didnt want them there cause of my stripes...I filled them in.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Where ya at, wanna install mine! I do have a good body shop out here we do alignments for, but as anyone would be nervous handing thier car to someone for a major mod. Im sure they've had aftermarket hoods that didnt fit just right and had to adjust them, but still makes me nervous.
I need the drivers fender adjusted in on the lower door side. It sticks out not flush with the door, is this an easy fix?

Sorry for the hijack peacmkr. You make a decision yet? I havent heard any regrets from any other forums I frequent.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I be in Va...:) I'd be glad to install yours! And I'd say it wouldnt be much trouble to adjust your fender...just takes a little time.

back to the CDC Chin spoiler...as long as you dont go with the agressive spoiler..the classic one to me isnt that much lower than the stock bumper...It appears to be but it fills in the center of the bumper more than anything...it kicks out(foward) more so than down...know what I mean???? lol

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Oh god, I think I just wet myself :drool:

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Laugh my Ars Off bud !! cute post you put over on Blue Oval :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys. I think I will get it in the textured black so if I scrape it I wont have to keep repainting it. It looks to cool to not get.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts