Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Looks great! How easy was the install and how long did it take?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, that looks really smooth, Red. I was thinking about one myself.

One thing, though--what are the legalities concerning the third brakelight, if any?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ronin_wolf said:
Yeah, that looks really smooth, Red. I was thinking about one myself.

One thing, though--what are the legalities concerning the third brakelight, if any?
The 3rd brake law varies from state-to-state, but here in CA you must have the 3rd brake light. So I installed the 3rd brake light kit from CDC in the window! I only have a pic of the 3rd brake light in the window w/o spoiler installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AFStang said:
Looks great! How easy was the install and how long did it take?
The installation was not difficult. I took my time and measured many times before, during, and after drilling each hole. There's 10 hols to drill, align the parts, peel off the 3m tape backing, and attach bolts. I took the full afternoon and had to run up the store once to get a tool, but I started at 1:00 finished around 5:30. That's taking my time, and I stress to measure, measure, and re-measure while you are drilling. You only have one shot to do it right, so its worth it not to rush yourself.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Do you have any "frontal" pictures. Haha, not really sure how to say that. Umm...any pictures that would come from the angle as if you were in the back-seat looking through the rear window at it? Just where the camera is in that general area, not necessarily inside the car. I'm curious as to how it meets with the trunk-lid. Is it pretty smooth? Doe sit look like it could have come from the factory like that?

It definitely looks sharp though:worship

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
That looks freaking awesome!! Unlike a lot of style mods I see out there it is true to the retro design of the Mustang. I have heard that the Mustang designers had a lot of arguments over whether to use the wing or the ducktail. I think selecting the wing is one of the very few mistakes they made designing the look of the car.

Looks GREAT!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spazzyfry123 said:
Do you have any "frontal" pictures. Haha, not really sure how to say that. Umm...any pictures that would come from the angle as if you were in the back-seat looking through the rear window at it? Just where the camera is in that general area, not necessarily inside the car. I'm curious as to how it meets with the trunk-lid. Is it pretty smooth? Doe sit look like it could have come from the factory like that?

It definitely looks sharp though:worship
I don't have a pic that shows the line from the back window following down the top of the trunk to the spoiler, but I can tell you the lines are perfect. I was skeptical about the space in between the 3 pieces, but when you do look from this view (the shot I don't have) the lines are smooth and the space follows the trunk line up to the window.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
5twenty said:
That looks freaking awesome!! Unlike a lot of style mods I see out there it is true to the retro design of the Mustang. I have heard that the Mustang designers had a lot of arguments over whether to use the wing or the ducktail. I think selecting the wing is one of the very few mistakes they made designing the look of the car.

Looks GREAT!
Yes, it is very true to the retro design. Glad CDC made the spoiler covering up the 3rd brake light. I think all the other spoilers either sit on top of the trunk lid, or have a cutout for the 3rd brake light (unretro).

·
Registered
64 Posts
That looks fantastic! It's so clean looking and the blackout between the tail lights looks great too. Is that painted on or something else?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vistapony said:
That looks fantastic! It's so clean looking and the blackout between the tail lights looks great too. Is that painted on or something else?
The blackout is a vinyl strip I purchased from someone who posted in the forum a while back selling for only $25. Eventually, when I have the car striped I'll remove the vinyl strip and paint this area. Glad you like the retro look!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.