Discussion Starter #1
im getting the code p1443 on my 1996 gt

the scanner said it was a manufacturer code

maybe something to do with auxiliary emissions controls

plz help

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Yep, sounds like you have a blocked hose between the EVAP canister purge control valve and the FTP sensoror a blocked Valve, maybe a bad solenoid.

Evaporative System - Vacuum System - Purge Control Solenoid or Purge Control Valve fault

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
need to go through emissions this week how do i fix it easiest way least money im on a budget no job lol any help helps

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Easiest is to locate the blockage. If its the hose, just clean it out. Sometimes you find it blocked just where it attaches at either end, and you can cut out the bad section and make do.

If its the Cannister, Valve or Solenoid, those are parts you will have to replace.

AFTER you fix the problem, reset the codes. You can do this by just disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery for a few minutes. Then drive the car and see if it resets the code. If it does, you have to go back and see what else needs fixing.

Even after you fix everything and the CEL stays off, you still won't pass emissions until you run the car for a good while, including a number of start/stop cycles. The number of miles you need to put on to clear this hurdle varies, but I would think 60 or 70 miles and a bunch of start/stops where the car heats to full operating temp would do it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks gonna go try it now and need to get a new intake manifold cause the tard that owned b4 me didnt do the recall so now i need to buy a new one dangit so maby il just wait and register it in a few weeks

wish me luck

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
OK, good luck. There is a sticky on this forum with instructions for fixing that intake problem.

S

·
0 Posts
im gonna sound dumb but where is the canister

Here's a clip of a post of mine back in 06 that helped... I had the same issue.

Had the exact code on my 96 a month or so ago. I bought a new purge cannister valve (like $40 at O'Reilley Auto Part) and swapped it out in 5 minutes. Easy fix and the CEL has been off ever since. The purge canister is next to the firewall on the passenger side of the engine compartment. The valve/ solenoid is in front of that. You can trace the lines to fine it. Disconnect the harness and the line and switch out and you're good to go.

Snack

Edit - I noticed you didn't specify what year your Stang was but it should be relevant. Also - there's a sleeve on the new valve so don't throw it away. It gets transferred to the new part.

Cheers!

S

·
0 Posts
ah a new day maby i can get something done cause it wont be lightning and hailing:bigthumbsup

Keep us posted and keep her out of the hail!

My wife has our 96GT today but if you need a pic of the purge cannister I can snap one after work. It's pretty easy to spot, though, so you should be good to go.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well thats what i thaught it would be and i cant find it and i thaught it was gonna be bigger but maby it is im gonna double check tomorrow when its suspost to be nice out didnt get to do **** again today cause it wasnt hail today it was rain fml

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh and anyone in here that has done the intake manifold swap anything sketchy that you would advise to watch out for

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
finally fixed the intake manifold and surprisingle fixxed the cel and no more light must have fixxed the clog

im putting a couple pics from the swap and it took me and a buddy that have never worked on a mustang only a few hours not including bull shitting time and traveleling for missing tools

and look at the pic quality of my phone i was like wowww and i will post more repair picks tomorrow :bigthumbsup

since it was dark when we got back with the o-rings

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.