Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tested the TPS voltage and found it was more than 4. Changed the TPS. Car still runs very rich...rough, misses and stalls, CEL still on. If the clutch is pushed in, the idle is about 1100...but let off the clutch pedal and the idle jumps to 2200 rpm. Push the clutch back in, and the idle drops back to 1100.:shrug

The code scanner (KOEO) causes 1 click (fuel pump priming-I think), then everything shuts off.....no codes, no sounds...nothing but the sound of crickets chirping and paint drying.

I will try jumping the connectors at the code-reader plug and see what that does, but is it normal for the rpm to change with the clutch pedal??

Is there a way to tell if the ECM is not functioning? I'm getting closer to putting this motor in a dumpster and starting the rebuild now.:scream:

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
You have an electrical problem. Do you have any other history on the car? such as engine swaps, or 5 speed conversion? This has to be corrected, or the rebuilt motor will do the same thing.
I had an E250 van for awhile (which, I'll admit, I never got running), and it had a constant CEL - even without the key in the ignition. I later realized that the voltage regulator had been removed. I didn't miss it because the wires had been cut.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.