Ford Mustang Forum banner

Center caps on AMR rims

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Blaseleblanc 
#1 ·
I just ordered some 19x8.5 charcoal AMR rims, and I was thinking about getting these brembo package center caps to go with them. Does anyone know if they would fit? How would I go about changing the center caps? Opinions on the look?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on the purchase! I plan on doing the exact same thing at some point, but not until I need new tires at least.

I thought I would probably go the cheap route and get stickers to put on the AMR caps, so unfortunately I haven't looked at getting real caps. There are several on ebay ranging in price and quality.

#3 ·
I'll bet the centers off your OEM wheels will pop right out and go right back into the new wheels. The better way of getting the centers out would be push from the inside.

I've seen several pics of cars with those wheels. They look real good. Armour-All the tires til they look wet and post pics.

#4 ·
Yup, I found these on ebay originally for $30 apiece. It says they fit 19x9 mustang rims (the brembos), but I dont really know if that would affect anything. Tousley ford is selling them for 20$ apiece. The american muscle cap doesn't look bad at all, but the running pony with the tri-bar from AM (only other option) would ruin my blackout look I think.

I'll definitely upload pics!

#5 ·
Blase, this might be a long shot, but check with Tobacco Road in Fl. They may have Mustang centers for a little less.

When I ordered my GT take offs I had the option of Ford centers or Mustang centers. So I would assume the Mustang centers come off some of the Mustang wheels before they're resold.

You lucky dog.....

#6 ·
As far as I know, all wheels from AM use 2.5-inch wheel caps. I started with the chrome AM SR caps, and made my own:

#7 ·
As far as I know, all wheels from AM use 2.5-inch wheel caps. I started with the chrome AM SR caps, and made my own:
wow, very nice jsimmons!

Rodger, Tobacco Road, FL is a dealership? I looked them up once, but I got a lot of historical information about tobacco road instead of any business. I think it would probably come down to who ships cheapest. Partscheap.com has them for 21. Tousleyford has them for 20, and perhaps tobacco road has them for even less.

I may order from tousleyford in hopes that they misunderstand what I ordered and send me the entire brembo wheel package as well as the caps for the price of the caps alone, kinda like how they were sending out GT500 steering wheels to those who ordered the premium steering wheels for months. :bounce2:

#8 ·
Blase, Tobacco Rd has a set of 4, Tri Bar Pony centers, for $50. You save $15, and send me the other $15:winks

Just Google: Tobacco Rd Mustang Wheel Centers.

#9 ·
Tri-bars are exactly what I want to steer away from. Check out the ones on the pic I posted in my original post. It's the running pony with no tri bars. I'm thinking the stripes would add unnecessary color. I'm planning on getting Billet Badges to make me a custom decklid faux gas cap as well in the same pattern as the running pony brembo center caps (the same design as the california special gas cap, but without the "california special" words).

#11 ·
Don't buy spacers just yet. A lot of guys have that same size wheel with the same offset 30 mm on the front end of their Mustangs without any rubbing issues. Try fitting your new wheels on first and find out if you end up needing spacers.

#12 ·
"These wheels are available by themselves or in one of our pre built tire and wheel combinations, which pair your AMR’s up with some of the better performing tires on the market today, in sizes that are guaranteed to fit your ride without rubbing, even if you’re lowered an inch or two."

I'll be sending them back if they rub anywhere

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.