Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 428R #104 of 200
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my car done up with the ceramic coating. It cost a bit but the process has paid for itself already. I had an old can of spray paint in the shop that had got wet somewhere along the line and the bottom of the can had some rust. One nice warm southern summer day the ole can gave up it contents all at once. Yep all over the car. The benefit was that due to the coating the pain was easily removed. most of it dried to a flake and never stuck. I put the old insurance company on notice but it all worked out. If you were thinking about doing it, especially if you have some old spray bombs hanging around, ill just say it was beneficial for me!

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
Glad you didn't have any damage. Tip for those who do not CC their cars. Keep WD-40 handy. It will remove paint like that from a cars finish if you catch the mess early enough where it doesn't bake in the hot sun.

·
Registered
755 Posts
For weapons there is Cerakote but after applying the Polyimer, piece is baked in oven (turns ceramic). So cars aren’t oven baked I take it?? Wife had ceramics business with kiln and those temps upwards of 1,000 degrees. Much plastic would be melted on Mustang lmao. Something as this…

Should of mentioned all isn’t what it appears to be. The platform is designed for a .45 cal pistol no less. I have a 9MM installed, looks like single gun. Has green dot laser and just fun for carry along while walking dogs down below on trails (occasional predators show up). No, just want to make loud noise.
Camouflage Military camouflage Trigger Air gun Machine gun

·
Registered
107 Posts
For weapons there is Cerakote but after applying the Polyimer, piece is baked in oven (turns ceramic). So cars aren’t oven baked I take it?? Wife had ceramics business with kiln and those temps upwards of 1,000 degrees. Much plastic would be melted on Mustang lmao. Something as this…

Should of mentioned all isn’t what it appears to be. The platform is designed for a .45 cal pistol no less. I have a 9MM installed, looks like single gun. Has green dot laser and just fun for carry along while walking dogs down below on trails (occasional predators show up). No, just want to make loud noise.
View attachment 788595
Gun guy as well, cerakoe and car ceramics are really two different stoires. I haven't seen a car baked for a ceramic or ppf in quite some time. Car's have very different requirements and technology in this industry doesn't require it in order to protect against extreme temps :)

Nice overall piece you have there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts