Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a Cervini heat extractor hood. I am torn between the Concept hood and the Heat extractor hood.
I like the looks od both but the Concept ram air wouldnt be functional since you have to run the stock airbox (i think)

Is the heat extracor hood actually functional...if so...does it actually help to keep down engine temps???
Is there a problem with water intrusion into the engine bay?
Are there clearence issues with CIA's and the Cervini heat extractor hood?

Modding decisions are hard work:scratchchin

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Not sure about the Concept but the Cervinis hood is a real nice unit. Good quality.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
There shouldn't be any clearance problems. The hood should allow for cooler temps in the engine bay as these hoods were used on the terminators to keep the temps down the stock Eaton would produce.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Does anybody have a Cervini heat extractor hood. I am torn between the Concept hood and the Heat extractor hood.
I like the looks od both but the Concept ram air wouldnt be functional since you have to run the stock airbox (i think)

Is the heat extracor hood actually functional...if so...does it actually help to keep down engine temps???
Is there a problem with water intrusion into the engine bay?
Are there clearence issues with CIA's and the Cervini heat extractor hood?

Modding decisions are hard work:scratchchin
Cervinis says the heat extractor hoods are functional.
I was actually thinking about getting one of these myself because of how much heat is put out by the Roush S/C.
I forgot to ask about clearance issues though.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was looking at this too. Wonder if it's more useful than a hood with ram air.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.