Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are Cobra R replica's.
The guy who currently has them, had then on his 2000GT without having to flip the quad shocks, and had no running issues.
My exhaust pipes are stock pipes (not 2.5 or anything like that).

Knowing this, I wonder it I will have any rub issues.

I will also be slightly dropping the car 1.5 inches on Eibach Sports soon, so Im wondering if there will be any issue.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I would say the chances are excellent, since these are 315/35's on my car with a 10.5" wheel and many people run the same size tire. And they cleared the quad shocks just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Is there a difference though between the 99-04 and SN95 body style? I also went with 10.5 black cobra wheels and the same size tire I always here about exhaust problems but I probably won't run my exhaust all the way back when I install them since I am loosing the flowmaster catback cause I am goin turbo.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Even with those springs you should be fine. Key word there being should. If it does rub, it will likely do so on the fender (wheel well), if that does become a reality then just have the fenders rolled. Pretty inexpensive if you have it done at a body shop (should only be a couple hours labor at the most), or you can buy the tool and do it yourself even cheaper. Most cars that have rubbing issues with wide tires are dropped more than the 1.5" you want to go, and/or are running 18" rims. Also just a word of caution regarding the Eibach ProKit springs which are an advertised 1.5" drop (the Sportlines you mentioned are 2"), I've come across at least a couple of people with those springs who have the complaint that the rear begins to sag after you've had them in for a while (in addition to the initial settlement that is common after most spring installs). Doesn't seem to be a problem with the majority from what little I've been able to ascertain on the subject, but just sayin' that it does happen on occasion.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Got Eibach pro kit on my 98 and love the stance I would suggest pro kit over sportlines if they are a 2" drop cause I run into problems with my exhaust bottom out on high speed bumps watch out for gas stations that have the raised lids for filling tanks....ask me how I know :gringreen!

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Got Eibach pro kit on my 98 and love the stance I would suggest pro kit over sportlines if they are a 2" drop cause I run into problems with my exhaust bottom out on high speed bumps watch out for gas stations that have the raised lids for filling tanks....ask me how I know :gringreen!
Speed bumps (I personally like the ones that are basically rounded off curbs the best) are also fun to creep over, steep driveway entrances/exits where you scrape your front end even when you approach at a 45*, and watch out for parking blocks too. Driving a lowered car definitely takes a little finesse.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Speed bumps (I personally like the ones that are basically rounded off curbs the best) are also fun to creep over, steep driveway entrances/exits where you scrape your front end even when you approach at a 45*, and watch out for parking blocks too. Driving a lowered car definitely takes a little finesse.
Yes it does I have to back and pull in my parents driveway back home a certain way or my cats and where the midpip and catback connects will scrap that is where I have most of my problems front bumper comes really close to most normal height curbs but not hit one yet lol.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
That and the Sportlines ride like ass and handle worse, where the Pro Kit actually handles decent and the ride stays pretty good.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually meant Pro Kit, not Sports.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They should fit fine. My 98 has Prokit springs and 17x10.5/315's with a Magnaflow catback.

I had a little bit of rubbing on the inside of the fenderwells with the stock control arms on off camber turns. I installed MM lower control arms and that cured the rub.

I did remove my quad shocks but even with them I didn't have any problems with the tires hitting them.

No issues at with rubbing on the outside edges of the fender so I don't see a need to roll the fenders.

I wouldn't go any lower than the Prokit unless you want to drag on everything...

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
they probably will rub a little...275s will work best,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts