Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i recently changed my plans and decided to go with a 351 windsor in my fox rather than a 350, i need help on all that would need to be done to do this, im looking to makeit a stroker, and bore it out. also i would need help on wat to use to make my car a bad ass stroker, like what crank, cam(thinking of a somewhat big one but it'll be my daily driver) and heads, pistons, etc. thanks alot guys in advance

·
Registered
266 Posts
the 2.3 section probably isnt the best section to post this in....not saying that people here cant help you, i know a lot of people here can

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not sure about what crank to use, but comp cams has a pretty cool download for cams. You fill in the spots on what you have(engine, weight, those things) and it gives the order from best to good fit. It even tells you the upgrades for springs and things of that nature. Check it out, you'll like it. Also, check out sites like summit racing, they have the kits for stroking like you're looking for. Just so you can get ideas of what you will need. Summit also has the heads too. Look them up, you'll pretty much everything you need there

·
Registered
197 Posts
thinking youll need oil pan and headers for the swap feel free to correct me o and i think i had to use convertible motor mounts
cant remember the difference but i think i went through a couple diff. sets till i got to the convertible ones

·
Registered
283 Posts
done it takes alot of cash need oil pan headers low pro intake or aftermarket hood and lots of little things that tend to eat the budget

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks alot guys i found eveeything i need for the sap but im going to the junk yard soon, im lookin for a 351 and up ford motor thanks again

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
you'll be better off just buying a fully assembled shortblock or longblock...you don't just take a 351 and "bore it out", it takes careful machining and assembly of the stroker parts to make it work properly...now you need really good heads, intake, swap headers and oil pan among other parts...personally I didn't want a junkyard motor, I bought a dart aftermarket block with 4 bolt mains to build my stroker, better to spend a little more upfront than go wanting after completion.
here's a great deal...trick flow heads and forged
Ford 351W stroker(418) motor - eBay (item 280617329257 end time Feb-15-11 14:39:58 PST)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you'll be better off just buying a fully assembled shortblock or longblock...you don't just take a 351 and "bore it out", it takes careful machining and assembly of the stroker parts to make it work properly...now you need really good heads, intake, swap headers and oil pan among other parts...personally I didn't want a junkyard motor, I bought a dart aftermarket block with 4 bolt mains to build my stroker, better to spend a little more upfront than go wanting after completion.
here's a great deal...trick flow heads and forged
Ford 351W stroker(418) motor - eBay (item 280617329257 end time Feb-15-11 14:39:58 PST)
the "junkyard" is a buddy of mine that takes the cars apart and keep the good parts and scraps the bad, i know what i would be getting and i rather go for a longblock 351w for $250 then spend more than my car on the engine...i will repeat again I AM ON A BUDGET thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts