Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I need info about supercharger setup. Someone here has heard about if you install a supercharger setup you need to change the oil pump because the stock oil pump can explode?

many thanks

R

·
0 Posts
I never heard of an oil pump failing on an fi setup nor actually exploding. I think you are pretty safe. Only pump i know you should change is a bigger fuel pump.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I know you need to install a boost a pump and bigger injectors, but someone told me I need to change the oil pump because her oil pump has exploded on the strip but I don't know at what boost he run.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Oil pump failure is not uncommon on the 5.0 with forced induction. Swapping the stock oil pump guts for some billet gears is good insurance. I'd say if you have the $, go ahead and do it.
Oiling System

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Just don't shift at 7500 and you'll be ok

·
Registered
978 Posts
Friend of mine loss his engine a few months ago due to his pump failing his tuner told him it was more due to RPM then anything. he was reving the crap out of it when it let go. So yes it would very wise to change out your pump. It is a common problem with all the mod motors and has been for years.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Friend of mine loss his engine a few months ago due to his pump failing his tuner told him it was more due to RPM then anything. he was reving the crap out of it when it let go. So yes it would very wise to change out your pump. It is a common problem with all the mod motors and has been for years.
This proves the point with my post #6 in this thread..

·
Registered
978 Posts
This proves the point with my post #6 in this thread..
Sure does he was reving it to 7800 when he seen the light on to late it locked. on top of that is S/C also. He runs the piss out of it. Just got it back last night lots $$$$ later. and already racing it and running the crap out of it .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts