Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My boyfriend and I are working on changing his 1989 mustang into a cobra under the hood. We are having a little trouble changing out the timing assembly and wanted to find some diagrams or some one to help us through the process. If you can help please contact.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I think you need to be a little more clear on what you guys have done so far. Engine wise, the cobra 302 found in the 93 cobra isn't that much different than a regular 302.

When its all said and done trying to make a cobra is like buying a fake louis vuitton hand bag. Might look classy from a distance but a real enthusiast will know the difference right away. Also, unless you plan on scamming some poor SOB, it won't sell for anywhere near what a real cobra goes for.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Waste of time. Only difference is the gt40 heads and intake. Which will cost $roughly $700 for a whopping 20 hp. Spend the money on a top end kit it will be worth it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Don't waste your time or money. Instead of making your car look like a fake anything, why don't you just spend the cash to just make it perform and look better in general! There are a lot of mods you can do to improve the looks and performance of these cars without making it some cheesy imitation. Believe me, you and your boyfriend are the only ones that are going to think it is cool! I see a few of these fake Cobra's a month here in Cali and I always get a huge laugh at the owners expense! :laughlitt

If you guys want a Cobra, buy one!

If you are just wanting the Cobra performance for that year, it is not much better then the factory 5.0. There are a lot better motor upgrades to be had!

Robert

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
What do you mean changing the timing assembly....:?:
could they be doing the 4.6 terminator swap? maybe thats what she means.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.