Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my clutch on the weekend & was wondering should I change my rear crank seal & how much long will this take & is it hard to do?

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
oh yes! very easy, very cheap. and if your luck is like mine and you DON'T change it, it WILL leak....:hihi: just buy the seal at parts house and when you pull flywheel off there it is. just pry old one out and install new one. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
603 Posts
seal

I'm changing my clutch on the weekend & was wondering should I change my rear crank seal & how much long will this take & is it hard to do?
if its not leaking leave it alone.

R

·
0 Posts
oh yes! very easy, very cheap. and if your luck is like mine and you DON'T change it, it WILL leak....:hihi: just buy the seal at parts house and when you pull flywheel off there it is. just pry old one out and install new one. :bigthumbsup

I agree 100%.....:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
if its not leaking leave it alone.
LOL... I guess your gonna go fix it if its starts leaking shortly after, since you suggest to leave it alone.

OP: just replace the seal. Nothing hard about and its added insurance later on down the road.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
do it.

i was gonna do mine, but in midst of new clutch, a burnt down stang and all the problems i forgot.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But then I had some luck. went on to kijiji.ca & found a new centerforce dual friction for $240.00 with bearings compared to $500.00 in town! although i had to drive an hour & half to get it i was still way ahead.

That's funny cause thats what I wanted to do that to mine when the clutch went!

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
yea i went spec stage 2.. if there was ever overkill, i just did it.

but word is it will take the abuse i throw at it... so it better take 50K

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.