Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a fuel filter for my 2006 GT, but have no earthly idea how to put it in.. I have a limited selection of tools and no money, so paying someone to do it is out of the question, unless they will work for $1.80.. My car is just about 40k miles and as far as I know, the filter has never been changed. I did not even know I had one until a few weeks ago (I am not very knowledgeable on cars)

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Okay you're going to need some deep well metric sockets, i don't recall exact sizes but its small like 10-13mm. Jack up the driver's side, get under there, towards the center there is the fuel filter but its under a plastic cover thats a few feet long, its kinda insane IMO. There are christmas tree shaped push fasteners and a few bolts/nuts that you have to take out to move the plastic shield enough to get to the fuel filter. There is another clamps around the filter itself.

Once you got to the filter, used a flat head screwdriver to push in on the green part of the fuel line disconnect. Install new one and reverse procedure.

NOW REMEMBER, before you start the car, prime the fuel system about 2-3 times. Turn key to on and count to 3-5 seconds then turn off. After a few times then start the car, you need to refill the fuel lines and fuel filter with gas.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just remmember to cover the first end you take of with a rag where you loosen the clamp, or you will take a gas bath with the pressure in the line. Put a oil pan underneath as well!
Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts