Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i'm probably going to state the abvious, i just dont want to do something for nothing.
I have a 2004 3.9L automatic w/OD 13,500ml on it. with the tracion button off and OD on the car seems to lag when i floor the gas. I like to drive a bit hard from light to light to hear the flowmasters. but the rpm seem to shift late or long.
Now is it true if i disconnect the battery and then drive the car hard acouple of times it will addapt and respond the way i want it.
and if yes when i drive slow how will it affect it? will i screw up my transmission, i always keep the rpm less then the red line?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Greekstang said:
Now i'm probably going to state the abvious, i just dont want to do something for nothing.
I have a 2004 3.9L automatic w/OD 13,500ml on it. with the tracion button off and OD on the car seems to lag when i floor the gas. I like to drive a bit hard from light to light to hear the flowmasters. but the rpm seem to shift late or long.
Now is it true if i disconnect the battery and then drive the car hard acouple of times it will addapt and respond the way i want it.
and if yes when i drive slow how will it affect it? will i screw up my transmission, i always keep the rpm less then the red line?
It will help a bit!

If you really want to alter the shift points in a big way, you need to pick up a chip/programmer.

It's virtually impossible to harm your tranny or engine because of the engine management software. The tranny is straght out of the GT, so you'll need to add 200+ hp before you'll start having to worry about the life of the transmission.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Greekstang said:
Thanks, what chip do you think is best? I looked at the kit offered by rpm...
you can get 'em wholesale on e-bay, unless they're sold out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.