Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a '12 GT Premium Coupe w/401A pkg. Would like to replace the floor mats but all I find on line are black, way too dark for the exsisting carpet.

Anyone find any quality mats in the color of this carpet?

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Are you sure about that? Have you seen the black mats in person? They completely cover the floor area. I think it's a nice contrast, but of course taste is subjective. The pic below was of my shift knob, but in the background you can see the mat's contrast.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I've got the same black Lloyd mats as above in my charcoal interior. They fit perfectly

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have the black lloyd mats. It never occurred to me that they weren't a "match." The '11 401a is very black. Is the '12 different?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have a '12 GT Premium Coupe w/401A pkg. Would like to replace the floor mats but all I find on line are black, way too dark for the exsisting carpet.

Anyone find any quality mats in the color of this carpet?
I've been looking too. All the pictures I've seen have been jet black against the charcoal carpeting. I've seen on Lloyd's website that there are many other color choices but it doesn't look like you can get the Mustang logos and it doesn't look like the mats can be bought directly from Lloyd's. Would love any suggestions!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Howdy Ty,

The Lloyds site isn't very user friendly. They say to contact the retailers and get color samples (I saw their color example page as well). And you're right, can't buy from them. The retailers they list only offer black (or a couple others that are definately out).

I've written them and a few retailers, including American Muscle (wasn't listed) describing my desire, asking for guidance.

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Ok, I see the contrast between the mats and my carpet, but I guess I don't see the issue. The interior is full of black bits next to grey ones.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mats

Agree with above, the Lloyd mats match pretty close and are a LOT better than stock. The color shade difference is not much of a deal with me. As pointed out above, there are a lot of places where black and ebony parts are next to each other.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
The factory oem all weather mats is gray. dealer throw it in the deal for me.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I also have the black Lloyd pony logo mats and they look great. It is a great contrast that I believe adds to the looks. They are great quality and as the pics show, really add a touch of class to the inside. I too, thought that the black may draw attention but after putting them in, they actually add to the look..Did not include pics as the others do them justice...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Smike. Did you go with them, and if so the Velourtex, w/typically sell for $100 for 4? (Lloyds has a couple/few lines that are even momoney).

Thank-ya, Eric. I agree with your last sentence.

bub, those black mats on your grey carpet are going to really start bugging you.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Smike, really appreciate your input but since we couldn't chat more and even if I order now, the mats will likely not arrive before my 2 week roadtrip beginning in 11 days, I've ordered Velourtex samples in ebony and smoke, and Ultimat samples in H Graphite, Dk Slate Grey and Ebony.

The Velourtex are $100, the Ultimats $125.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
btw Bubba, it ocurred to me one would likely be better off never jacking with a guy named 'Bubba'...you just never know...I humbly apologize...

...was just having a bit of sport as it was interesting to me that most responses to my question were more along the lines of others simply defending their choice to go with black...not that there's anything wrong with that

·
Registered
37 Posts
dafreeze--I'm glad the info helped. After much indecision, I went with the black/5.0 logo mats from American Muscle three or four weeks ago. I guess I wanted the logo more than the perfect match on color. I figured if I didn't like them after a while, I'll replace them with the ebony without the logo. I'm still kicking myself for not getting them last fall when the logos were still available in all of the different lines from Lloyd's. Anyway, good luck with them and let us know which ones you get and how well they do match.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
doah!

thanks and will do

·
Registered
532 Posts
dafreeze--I'm glad the info helped. After much indecision, I went with the black/5.0 logo mats from American Muscle three or four weeks ago.
How well do they stay put with the rubber "spikes" instead of the locating pins on the stock/Lloyds units?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good call on the color, sMike.

Received 5 samples from them, Velourtex in ebony and Smoke, Ultimat in H Graphite, Dk Slate Grey and Ebony. Ebony's darn near a perfect match in both styles.

Going with the Ultimats w/are considerably nicer for only 25% more $.

Will see if I can get them to make the drivers side without the upper left strip as I've installed a dead pedal from CDC. (awesome btw). If they won't I'll just have to cut it off and try to stitch/seal that end myself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.