Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a former 06 Hemi Charger owner, I was proud to switch to the 07 GT because in my opinion it is more fun to drive, performs better that the automatic only Hemi, and looks like a muscle car instead of a sedan. The Charger is nice but not so nice that owners should have an elitist attitude towards us. Take a look at this link and see what you think. Stang Owners......Weird - Dodge Charger Forums It starts out comparing the SRT8 to the GT but they should worry about the GT500.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Charger owners ripping us?

As a former 06 Hemi Charger owner, I was proud to switch to the 07 GT because in my opinion it is more fun to drive, performs better that the automatic only Hemi, and looks like a muscle car instead of a sedan. The Charger is nice but not so nice that owners should have an elitist attitude towards us. Take a look at this link and see what you think. Stang Owners......Weird - Dodge Charger Forums It starts out comparing the SRT8 to the GT but they should worry about the GT500.
Where do you get this "us", Kemosabe?

Chargers are not on the RADAR, let alone Charger owners.

What hysterical nonsense.

On the Internet no one can harm you unless you let them. What are you going to let them do to you?

Hmph.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:headscratch:
Where do you get this "us", Kemosabe?

Chargers are not on the RADAR, let alone Charger owners.

What hysterical nonsense.

On the Internet no one can harm you unless you let them. What are you going to let them do to you?

Hmph.
I didn't intend to come across as offended by this, I just thought it was good, funny entertainment. Have you not seen forum wars before where everybody thinks they are better than everybody else. It was meant to be funny not serious. sorry

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Sometimes I search on other car forums to see what folks are saying about Mustangs. If you want a laugh look at the Integra forums. The SRT8 Charger is not a car to laugh at, but I notice some respect for Mustangs there as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I always kinda liked the Charger - great track history, the Mopar Hemi mystique, and all. I suppose if I was more of a family guy I'd probably consider one. It seems to have a good combination of family comfort, styling and power when you need it. But for me, Mustang FTW.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I was actually looking at a Charger when I was purchasing my 2006 GT. The stealership wanted way too much for a 2006 Charger SRT8 with 78,000 miles on it... 35k to be exact. The best they would do on it was $31k so I talked them down on the Mustang instead!

·
Registered
259 Posts
at least the Mustang is still a 2 door coupe. :D

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I'm not worried about what others say, they're going to say what they want to anyway. In other words, don't take things so seriously. In my area, Charger owners are all middle aged with kiddie seats in the back. Oh yeah, the troopers have them too.

·
Registered
713 Posts
at least the Mustang is still a 2 door coupe. :D
exactly! its a fast four door family car! cracks me up with all the sticker packages and wings! c'mon, your driving a four door! and don't get me started on those orange dodge pickups with the hood scoops, stickers and wings!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Mustangs are always going to be hated because they are just generally more popular. Especially becauae you get a lot of HP per $. Thats one thing that people can't take away from us. We have an awesome aftermarket and amazing community. People will hate and say what they want to, its just natural. At least we can all agree we hate Ricers!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep! Ive had ricers try my stang and i left em in my exhaust fumes... Ive had grown men in pastel green camrys try me.. What do people think? Stangs r slow? I think not,i KNOW not lol

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
from my experience, everyone hates mustangs..ricers to mopar gearheads...i guess they are jealous since mustangs have some of the best bang for the buck, a loyal following (thats an understatement), and an aftermarket that the sema show couldnt cover. oh, and the mustang made it thru the 70's without getting the boot when the challenger, charger and cuda said farewell.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've heard my share of Bull also. Everyone wants to attack the big dog. Fordboy86 is right, we have a very loyal following and a production that hasn't stopped or broke. Even the Corvette, as great a car as it is, can't say they had an unbroken production history. The success of this car is amazing to say the least. I am a very proud owner, I don't care what anyone thinks.

Besides, I owned a Charger R/T and drove the SRT8, I know how far the truth goes and where it stops.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Those guys are so funny. Especially the one who brags about beating a v6. I'm no 1/4 mile expert, but if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't take a lot for us to get into the 12's, right?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Easy? Yes... if you have a pretty hefty wad of cash laying around to drop into your mustang. I wouldnt say its extremely difficult, but it takes a few mods to get you there...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Naw a stock GT can make 12's through tha 1/4 easy..:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
41 Posts
Laffin my ass off at Troon!! hehehe wasn't Rodney driving a...dodge?
yes I am going there, and i doubt it was but i remember it was white, coulda been an intrepid maybe, or a RICER thats why he got beat.:happydance:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Btw what would be the outcome of a fat ass charger with a six picking a fight with a 6-er Stang. Guess they dont want none of that! I'll put my big brother GT up against there biggin, but I aint gonna pick a fight with a hemi any more than a Kia should even look twice at me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.