Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 GT, recently I went to crank the car, and it was dead. So i jumped it off and made it about two miles down the road and died on me. I then had it jumped and made it back home. I had the battery and alternator tested and the battery was bad, but the alternator tested good. So i replaced the battery with a new one from advanced and it seemed fine for about two days. Then when I went to leave today it wouldnt crank again. So i charged the battery back up. My question is, If I have a brand new battery(which i had tested when i bought it) and the alternator tested good, and all my connnections, battery terminals, grounds, etc. are tight, what can my problem then be?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
465 Posts
Probably a parasitic load when the car's parked. You can search the procedure to solve this problem.

Yes, it takes time, but it's the quickest way to do it. I just went thru this problem with my truck, the problem was in my ABS circuit ( I mention this just as an example).

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you have a aftermarket radio or subwoofer that is grounding out or the sub is not wired to the key shut off and still pulls power while car isn't running. Happened to me rewired the ignition shut off to the sub so if the key was off the sub and radio was off and solved the problem

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts