Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta say I’m absolutely enthralled with my 2014 S197! The car is really dialed in and runs strong with the beautiful cooler Florida weather now. I like to go out very early in the morning when no one is on the roads and cut loose a little. I’m now chasing the ride more so than power. The handling is by far better now with my suspension mods. Couple of weeks I’m getting the Steeda front and rear sway bars put on , upper control arm ,billet front end links ,bumpsteer kit,new endlinks and front lower control arms with X11 extended ball joints. The way it handles now and putting the power down to the wheels is just downright fun. Being a 6 speed manual and turning off advance track , it is more fun for myself corner carving and such instead of just straight speed. Put on Goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric 3s about a year ago and I’m very pleased with the performance of tires. Does anyone else ride around with advance track off completely? Custom / modified suspension? I find with traction control off and the solid rear axle these cars are raw and just a blast to drive. The S197 in general now ( including the 3V cars) is my favorite rendition of the mustang. Was reading on another forum about a budget track / 400 WHP by moto IQ and I believe Billy Johnson and I’ve pretty much have the same build , instead of the 18 manifold, I’ve got American racing long tube headers. Was a great day for a ride.
Plant Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Administrator
5,058 Posts
Does anyone else ride around with advance track off completely?
Welcome to the Mustang addiction!

Yep, these cars are indeed a lot of fun to drive and mod to suit. I turn off Advancetrac first thing when I start my car. The only time it’s on is if I have to drive in the rain, or if my wife gets behind the wheel (that’s only happened twice in the past year).

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote and R13

·
Registered
05 GT Premium, satin silver over red
239 Posts
First thing I do every time I start my car is turn off the traction control. The system in my '05 is nowhere near as sophisticated as the advance trac on your '14 and it doesn't seem to know what's happening ever since I bolted on the Vortech.

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,589 Posts
Mine is parked now except for warm days without any snow or salt on the roads but I have been known to carve a corner or 2
Speedometer Steering part Car Gauge Automotive design

The Built in G meter is great and the beauty of the V6 is the better weight balance that leads to better cornering.

Reactions: R13

·
Registered
11,372 Posts
no problem with turning off traction control as a routine, as long as you are paying attention and not counting on the nannies to save you

I'd highly recommend a "track day" if you haven't already tried one; "tracknightinamerica" is one of the easiest ways to get out on a road track. Just one warning: they are very addictive

Reactions: R13

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,589 Posts
no problem with turning off traction control as a routine, as long as you are paying attention and not counting on the nannies to save you

I'd highly recommend a "track day" if you haven't already tried one; "tracknightinamerica" is one of the easiest ways to get out on a road track. Just one warning: they are very addictive
I think you need to come down and have a Dragon Day Bert.

·
Registered
11,372 Posts
The Dragon does sound like fun and I hope to get down there sometime; but I cannot see it being anything like a real race track, 'cause you have to stay on your own side of the road, be concerned that there could be a child standing in the middle of the road around the next blind corner, and stuff like that

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yeah, would like to test the car and myself without fear of tickets haha. Thought about getting into something of that nature next year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the Mustang addiction!

Yep, these cars are indeed a lot of fun to drive and mod to suit. I turn off Advancetrac first thing when I start my car. The only time it’s on is if I have to drive in the rain, or if my wife gets behind the wheel (that’s only happened twice in the past year).
Very addicting, my girlfriend would completely agree. I have put a lot of time, effort and money into the car the past year and a half. It was my stepdad who was a 70’s street racer and corvette fanatic who kind of made me focus on what I really wanted to do with the car , fun street car (weekend use / road trips etc) or race car that wasn’t fun except for racing / track use. I opted for fun street car that could hold its own on a track but still be fun around town. That’s when I decided to chase the ride more so than power. I just had it ran on a dyno this past July and was happy with 421HP and 377TQ. More than enough power for my driving skills. Love this car !

Reactions: crjackson
1 - 9 of 9 Posts