Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile back we had a thread where someone thought they had found some inexpensive chrome exhaust tips from Napa for the GT which were the same style as the epensive puppies Ford offers. If memory serves correctly it turned out those ones would not fit properly over the pipe. Just wondering if anyone has since found a set of cheapies that look like the ones offered by the factory? If so please post the source, price, and part number. Thanks for any input.:drink:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Tastyone said:
Awhile back we had a thread where someone thought they had found some inexpensive chrome exhaust tips from Napa for the GT which were the same style as the epensive puppies Ford offers. If memory serves correctly it turned out those ones would not fit properly over the pipe. Just wondering if anyone has since found a set of cheapies that look like the ones offered by the factory? If so please post the source, price, and part number. Thanks for any input.:drink:
I haven't seen any around. I just sold my used pair of Ford GT exhaust tips for $71.00 including shipping. Might want to check out eBay every once in awhile. Speaking of eBay, here is a good deal for any 6 cylinder owners, Ford exhaust tip at 99 cents with no reserve....hurry hurry hurry
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Mustang-Exhaust-Tip_W0QQitemZ7995375626QQcategoryZ50452QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dave
www.sunnyfortuna.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
This has been my personal quest since getting a GT in December. Some tips come close, but there are none out there yet that fit the bill, and I do a lengthy search every week. What we need are polished stainless steel (not just chrome plated tips) 3" inlet diameter by 9" length with set-screw attachments at the base. Ford's after-market tips have huge bolt-down clamps that are butt ugly. Others are either chrome plated (chrome peels and rusts in little time) or stick out too far. Others have a 4" (or larger) outlet that makes the GT look like a ricer. If someone would market correct polished stainless steel exhaust tips and a nice billet aluminum plenum cover they would make a freakin' fortune off of us.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm with you Bill on the exhaust tips as your specs meet exactly what I'm looking for in an aftermarket exhaust tip. I posted almost an exact thread about 4 months back. Regarding a plenum cover, I recommend you check out Midwest Auto Gear @ www.midwestautogear.com . They make a quality plenum cover to your specs (i.e., color, and either with GT or without). I bought one and I am very pleased with the quality and at the ease that it installed. At my last car show, many new Mustang owners were very impressed by it and wanted to know where I got it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. I agree the stainless steel would fit the bill perfectly but I also think if there are a set of chrome ones that are dirt cheap I would'nt mind just swapping in new ones every year, or do ya figure they would look like crap within a couple months?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts