Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to know what i could get to add power that want be to expensive with what mods i have. I have 3.73 rear gears, shorty heads, and aftermarket exhausts. I want to get a cold air intake and a 5 speed tranny. What else could i add? I guess what im saying is what is worth the money to get horsepower?

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Do check out that thread, but one other thing you could do right off would be get a short belt to bypass the power steering and AC. Or the AC and smog pump.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Underdrive pully's
about 90 to 150$
supposed to at like 10 to 15hp

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks that helps will help me out alot. Hey eagleautosports do you have the AC and smog pumb short belt. If so have you ever thought about putting your AC back on for the summers in North Carolina?

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
It hasn't gotten hot enough for me to put it back on. I still have the compressor but not the condensor, it was pretty beat up... I have no idea how, looked like I used it as catcher for baseball practice... But I also have the March alternator adjustable bracket, so I had to get a whole new belt by Goodyear so the standard length short belt didn't fit. Took trial and error to find the one to fit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ow thanks for the help. i have the piece which uses the belt i dont have the other thing. dont know which is which. I need to get a new one but dont know how much they will be and dont know if i want to have AC during the summer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
dont mean to but in, but how much noticeable hp will you see deleting the power steering

·
Registered
181 Posts
reduce weight..........the cheapest mod there is ...and many times its free!.....and power to weight ratio increases

·
Registered
514 Posts
I guess i would go with a throttle body and or catless exhaust if you already dont have that

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Taking the AC off doesn't add that much power, it's mainly to reduce weight which when adding everything up, it can be almost 50 pounds off the nose of the car. I like hot weather anyway, and no woman whining about wanting AC for me either. The 255 AC is enough for me... 2 windows down and doing 55 mph...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea 255 is fine with me for now but i also only have my car primered not painted. When i get my car painted it will be a red color. It will absorb more heat them if it was white or primered.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts