Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 things any body have any ways of adding power to a 4.6 for cheap and dose any one know of a better set of heads and intake then stock.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The words "Power" & "Cheap" do not go together. Also, "Cheap" & "Heads" do not go together either. Assuming you have a 99 or newer GT (some detail helps here), having your heads ported, when coupled w/other mods, will return significant power increases but not cheap. Overall, the least expensive, least hassle, big power gain is bolting on supercharger.

·
Registered
126 Posts
BuyFordRacing.com has PI heads for 349.00 ea and 50Resto.com has the PI intake 189.00 and Alt. bracket for 14.95. Summitracing has the head changing kit for 118.88. SummitRacing & Jegs will price match anybody on the Net so just remember the site you went to cause they will ask. My total for the head change was roughly $1030.00 Tommy Vaugh Ford wants $1,300.00 for the kit. It is suppost to add almost 65 rwhp.

97 GT 5spd
Tremec TKO,Pro 5.0 shifter, Steeda adj. clutchcable, quadrant, Firewall Adj., Ram Flywheel & Powergrip clutch, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, BBK ceramic ling tubes, BBK short x-pipe w/ cats, Magnaflow Magnapacks exhaust, SCT Xcal Tuner, 13" Cobra brake kit, 17" 98 Cobra rims

Parts bought but not installed yet PI heads, PI intake, BBK adj. fuel pressure Reg. & BBK Fuel Guage, Kenny Brown subframes, FRPP 3.73 gears

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k first of all i have a 96. i know pi heads and intake is the way to go but dose anyone know where to get them cheap. are they ok to use off another car. are there anythings i should be carfully about like intakes cracking? thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
The newer intakes with aluminum coolant crossover are less prone to problems with cracking. I would only use parts off of another car if they were checked first but why risk it. My last reply gave you some starting points to get the heads and intake for a PI swap. There may be some cheaper websites to order from if you search. Just remember that Summitracing & Jegs will price match any website you find. SummitRacing has free shipping, all you pay is a 8.95 handling fee per order.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
oldknow said:
k first of all i have a 96. i know pi heads and intake is the way to go but dose anyone know where to get them cheap. are they ok to use off another car. are there anythings i should be carfully about like intakes cracking? thanks
-- the swap is worth doing; even just the PI intake & cams is big gain. Let me know when going to be in Arlington or maybe meet someplace and see mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
k that would be cool. any sunday would be good. i work at a dodge place and im still in high school so my week is a little bisy. u can instant messege me at ftfreak507 if u would like to set up a time.thanks -kyle

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
G

·
Just the PI intake and cams alone are wrth it. I payed 50 bucks for 02 cams with 40k on them and 70 bucks for 01 PI intake with 21k on it plus all the little stuff to do the swaps and i prolly gained 25 RWHP out of it. Good bang for the money. You see my times and thats with an auto in the summer heat, i planned to go back during the fall but have ran out of time, so ill go back next spring when i got my 4.30s in there!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.