Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread probably wont last long but I thought I'd give it a try. I prefer Mobil 1 for my Stang but it's way too expencive at full price. I've been able to find it for around $3.50/qt. (or lower) at times but I'll bet there are a lot more deals and sales out there than I can find. How about sharing deals you know about.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I paid over $5 for fully synthetic 5W-20 Mobile1...

It's less than 50 bucks with a good filter (I got the K&N Gold) every few months... well worth it!

But cheaper is always better, uh...?? or something like that... anyone?

·
Registered
622 Posts
kaerfull said:
This thread probably wont last long but I thought I'd give it a try. I prefer Mobil 1 for my Stang but it's way too expencive at full price. I've been able to find it for around $3.50/qt. (or lower) at times but I'll bet there are a lot more deals and sales out there than I can find. How about sharing deals you know about.
at full price 6 quarts of M1 is still less than a tank of gas... well worth it IMO. but if you can find it at a better price, right on

·
Registered
271 Posts
Some folks in the past have had luck finding the new 5W20 weight Mobil 1 at Walmart for pretty cheap...that's one of the first places I'd start looking.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Not to hi-jack this thread, but.... I just got done putting in moble one 5W-20, and AFTER it was all done, I noticed that one of the quarts was 0W-40 moble one :happyhapp . should I leave it in there???? will everything be alright till my next oil change?? any one??

·
Registered
886 Posts
You should be fine. One quart won't throw it off that much. Having said that though, I think I'd err to the short side of the oil change interval.:winks

·
Registered
299 Posts
mustangbaxter said:
Not to hi-jack this thread, but.... I just got done putting in moble one 5W-20, and AFTER it was all done, I noticed that one of the quarts was 0W-40 moble one :happyhapp . should I leave it in there???? will everything be alright till my next oil change?? any one??
I agree with U.C.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
A few months ago, I paid $19.82 for 5 quarts of Mobil One at Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Are we all talking the Fully Synthetic or the 'regular' M1?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Castrol Syntec.

better price, same stuff.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Check pricing

Check all the sales flyers Sunday to Sunday. I try to buy things in bulk and sometimes you can find a pretty good deal when you buy a case at a time which is what I did. I think the last price I paid was about $22 for a case of M1 5W20. Walmart is a good place to check.

But like someone said earlier in the thread, even if you pay $30 a case, it's money well spent.

·
Registered
622 Posts
kj_cinci said:
Are we all talking the Fully Synthetic or the 'regular' M1?
Mobil 1 is fully synthetic.
Mobil Clean 7500 is synthetic blend
Mobil Clean 5000 is conventional motor oil

but it makes me wonder.... what is synthetic oil?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anyone else found that the big jugs of Mobil 1 (5 qt I think) costs more than the individual quarts? I had to triple check when I was in the store. Just seems very odd to me. I guess you have to pay for the convenience of the larger size, but I'd think they'd save on packaging and filling costs. First thing I've seen where you pay more to buy 'in bulk' (sorta) that wasn't a sale or a fluke.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Madhouse said:
I had heard that Wal-Mart's synthetic oil is Mobil-1, just in its own packaging...
I thought I had heard something like that before but the best information I could find on that claim is that chances are pretty good that Wal-Mart packages whatever suppliers product they can get the best price on and then sticks their label on it. There may have been a time where it was actually Mobil 1 but chances are it didn't stay that way. It is pobably more reasonable to assume that they change suppliers multiple times a year and god only knows what you are actually getting.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mobil 1 Oil filter,,,Where?

I spent half the day looking for Mobil 1 Oil filters. The local places their site lists do not have them. Anyone using Mobil 1 oil filters, where are you finding them? (Not that I really minded driving around half the day!)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sams Club has Mobil 1 for $26.34 for a case of six. $4.39/qt. (plus tax) isn't too bad if better sales aren't available.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I bought my last Mobil 1 filter from Oreily's for $10.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I run the Motorcraft synthetic, and the Motorcraft filter, $15 for 6 qts and $5 for the filter. Seems to be working just fine to me, I would put regular oil in my Mustang before I would pay that kinda money for mobile 1, and a filter. If it was a resonable price I might try it(mobile1) but it isnt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts