Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on trying to beef up the rear end over winter so it will be ready for the 315 drag radials. I dont mind the noise that it might make so thats not really a factor. I hear the Truetrac is a very good piece and not quite as violent for street use like the locker. But like I said that doesnt concern me to much. Also, what is a strong @$$ axle? Moser, Strange? What would be the best? Since I wont have to go non c-clip til after 10.99 and I would have to prolly have a cage by then anyways and I'm not really down for a cage, what will be the strongest and best working c-clip axle for what I do(daily drive and track duty) And I would love to do it for as cheap as possible just like everyone. So I need to know the cheapest place to purchase these parts also. TIA

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any clue at all?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
87_5point0 said:
I plan on trying to beef up the rear end over winter so it will be ready for the 315 drag radials. I dont mind the noise that it might make so thats not really a factor. I hear the Truetrac is a very good piece and not quite as violent for street use like the locker. But like I said that doesnt concern me to much. Also, what is a strong @$$ axle? Moser, Strange? What would be the best? Since I wont have to go non c-clip til after 10.99 and I would have to prolly have a cage by then anyways and I'm not really down for a cage, what will be the strongest and best working c-clip axle for what I do(daily drive and track duty) And I would love to do it for as cheap as possible just like everyone. So I need to know the cheapest place to purchase these parts also. TIA
Both companies are widely used and you would probably be satisfied with either one. I'd probably base the decision on price, though I suspect the prices of the two will be rather close. I always check E-bay first when checking prices. You can find new parts for real cheap on E-bay. I got my Brembo's for half the price on E-bay.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Holcomb Motorsports has race legal Moser axles for $309.00 (add $20.00 for long studs)and they have the ABS ring already installed. If your car is driven on the street I would recommend the True Trac. It acts like a locker when going in a straight line but corners like a limited slip. No clutchs to wear out. Also I don't know if you need them but 50resto.com sometimes has the FRPP gears on sale as low as $139.99.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jokers97GT said:
Holcomb Motorsports has race legal Moser axles for $309.00 (add $20.00 for long studs)and they have the ABS ring already installed. If your car is driven on the street I would recommend the True Trac. It acts like a locker when going in a straight line but corners like a limited slip. No clutchs to wear out. Also I don't know if you need them but 50resto.com sometimes has the FRPP gears on sale as low as $139.99.
Well, when you say race legal, does that mean they dont have c-clips anymore? Every site I've seen lists their c-clip axles then below them are the custom axles and race axles. Yeah I was kind of figuring on the True Trac. But I figure I'll just let them reinstall the same 3.73s that are already in the car back on to the True Trac.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I am about to do the same thing.......I am getting Superior Axels 31 spline($250) and a Detroit locker($600).
Thats about as cheap as I saw them......as for where.........Go to Google and search???

Brothers Performance
Summit Racing
California Mustang
Dallas Mustang
LoanStar Performance

http://www.superioraxle.com/

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TK421DS said:
I am about to do the same thing.......I am getting Superior Axels 31 spline($250) and a Detroit locker($600).
Thats about as cheap as I saw them......as for where.........Go to Google and search???

Brothers Performance
Summit Racing
California Mustang
Dallas Mustang
LoanStar Performance

http://www.superioraxle.com/
Well I know Summit has the locker for like $600 and those axles for about $250. But I was just looking for the cheapest place possible. I think from the part numbers I found on Summit, the True Trac and 31 spline Moser c-clip axles will run somewhere in the $600-$700 range. i think it was like $680 or something close to that. And that may have been with the studs with them.

What is the standard length of studs that you will need?

·
Registered
126 Posts
The Moser axles that Holcomb Motorsports sell are race legal c-clip axles and they come with standard (factory) length studs installed. If you want longer studs for use with slicks they cost $20.00 extra. Summitracing has the Truetrac 31 spline for 435.95.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I saw their ad in either MM&FF or 5.0&SF and checked them out the other day. Are you running 31 spline axles or just a new differential?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jay, where you from in Southern Indiana?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JayC said:
Santa Claus, Indiana :happyhapp

Jay
Sweet, up by Holiday World huh. Im just south of Evansville, across the river in Henderson,KY. I was up there at Lincoln Park about a month ago. Went up to the firetower there at the park. Talk about being wore out when you get to the top of it. My big a$$ was about dead :tongue

·
Registered
81 Posts
87_5point0 said:
Sweet, up by Holiday World huh. Im just south of Evansville, across the river in Henderson,KY. I was up there at Lincoln Park about a month ago. Went up to the firetower there at the park. Talk about being wore out when you get to the top of it. My big a$$ was about dead :tongue

That's the place :)

Jay

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.