Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the cheapest supercharger you could buy that is safe yet a good boost of power, and is it worth to mod your car with intakes and other mods if your going to supercharge because i heard you have to take those mods off when you supercharge?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
It will depend on the supercharger you are getting. We got my C&L to fit with my KB blower, but i had to upgrade to a 75mm throttle body. If ytour goin to supercharge, this is what i would do for more power and to prepair for the supercharger: Full exhaust (very important for blown cars), go ahead with intake and throttle body, gears, and everything else should come with the kit that ya will need (injectors, fuel pump, etc). Stay away from u/d pullies. Centri blowers seem to be a lil cheaper than twin screw s/c, look into Vortec, Procharger. The cheaper t/s or roots blower would be a Roushcharger or like a Steeda Magnacharger or something.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Damn that is a pretty sweet deal.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
some people wanted $5,500 for just the blower, but for the same amount you get all of that? and you get well over 100 RWHP, not a bad deal IMO.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I would not skimp on price on an S/C there are reasons why complete kits are more expensive and favored over Non IC kits and what not.

Your best bet is to contact JDM. They have been putting Saleen blowers on stock cars making 500rwhp all day long and have yet to blow a motor.

ST Motorsports and JDM are the only two places I trust to tune my car. Not saying other tuners are not great I just dont have any actual knowledge on them or facts that I have seen.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I don't think there is such a thing as a cheep S/C. And if there was I know I wouldn't be using it on my car.....

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
That does look like a good deal. However if I was going to take the plunge and install a positive displacement SC on my car I'd opt for a twin screw over a roots. The Magnacharger is a roots.

·
Registered
702 Posts
This (and my cost on one direct) is why I went with a Magnuson.

Magna Charger manufacturers intercooled supercharging systems for late model GM and Ford cars, trucks and SUVs utilizing OEM quality Eaton hybrid superchargers.

I love my "instant" response. They are all pretty good IMO, it's personal preference and your use.

I can do installs for the same price as above, but I can not do a custom tune at this time like Livernois, and yes, Livernois is a good reputable shop. I can only do the supplied "canned cal".

So if you have a CAI, headers, etc. and you buy a kit, you need a custom cal and the price may go up depending on your shop.

If you are close to SuttonHP, I would go to them personally.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Probably non of them are cheap. By the time you add on what others don't have or add things that non of them offer it all ends up to be about the same price. The Super/Turbochargers are a hot ticket right now, so non are cheap. Upgrades for the S197 re

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sorry! real hot right now, so the price are insane.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you think a mustang gt auto dyno's at only 240 rwhp?

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
ive never dynoed my auto, but i know its not 240rwhp.. due to my friends cars that ive raced and stuck with or beat.. and they've dynoed.. so that kinda gives me a hint its not 240rwhp lol..

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
That's a super deal with installation included!
Ugh.....I don't need anymore ideas.....

If I ever get supercharged BEFORE either StlWagon or MrV.....I will need to be committed to a psychiatric hospital....lol

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i dont get why a maual would get more rwhp then an automatic its the same car manuals you can just shift faster i dont get it.

G

·
I see that the Ford Racing non intercooled supercharger is $4995. I haven't seen anything cheaper, maybe used or craiglisted.

I spoke to my dealer and said that they will still honor your powertrain warranty if they install it. Although is just 5 psi as far as I know.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
stl dosent have his supercharged?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.