Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a CAI and ofcoarse the CE light is in my face. This was expected but ...I do not want to have my car tuned because of the warranty , so my question is , what can i do besides have it tuned to make the light shut off? I live in NY and cannot pass inspection with a CE light on or any codes, Is there any way to adjust the MAF sensor so it doesnt set it off ? :headscratch:

·
Registered
566 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me with my bbk CAI there was nothing i could do to get the cel to go away so i got a tillman tune

you can get a tuner for the cai and just return you stock tune before you take it in but if you still want to stay away from a retune try cleaning your maf checking your connections to make sure evert thing its sung you can also disconnect your neg terminal to clear the code and see if it comes back on or drive your car (drive it easy) for a little bit to see if the computer will adjust its self and clear the code

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I installed a CAI and ofcoarse the CE light is in my face. This was expected but ...I do not want to have my car tuned because of the warranty , so my question is , what can i do besides have it tuned to make the light shut off? I live in NY and cannot pass inspection with a CE light on or any codes, Is there any way to adjust the MAF sensor so it doesnt set it off ? :headscratch:
check your codes first see what its doing. you can get a cheap code scanner or have a auto parts check it. if its lean, its real bad for your motor. did you go with a no tune intake? a cai and no tune is a waste. get the tuner and tunes and then you can just return it to stock if you need to.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
just out of curiousity what code is this?? IAT code?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It aparently is the F/A ratio.....too much air is what is setting it off or so im told but the dealer said if i tune it i can kiss that ford premium care plan goodbye....maybe just put the factory parts back on i guess....as for the tuning ...I dont know alot about..kinda scares me cause this is my first *NEW* car and i dont want to screw it up or make it into a headache ...i love my little pony :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
just out of curiousity what code is this?? IAT code?
i looks like an has something to do with the Intake Air Temperature but with out the code number like P0113 you cant get the real problem there are 7 plus codes that involve the IAT on the first page alone

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i just tried a new tune and got a engine light. hooked up the tuner, it said po172 and po175. it also told me they both meant system too rich bank 1, and system too rich bank 2. and i was able to clear the codes. now i just need the tune tweeked a little. they are OBD-ll trouble codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.