Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my oil light, engine light and airbag light on my 1992 mustang lx are all turning on everyonce in a while but not at the same time. The airbag light comes on when i start it along with the check engine light, but the check oil light comes on while driving. Oil seems fine, gauge is normal and everything seems to run fine. what is causing the lights to come on?

·
Registered
299 Posts
-How long does the airbag light stay on? Because it is supposed to come on when you start the car to indicate that the system is functioning, then turn off.
-As far as check engine you'll just have to run the codes.
-The oil light is an oil level light, not oil pressure light. So either your oil level is low, or you could have a faulty oil level sender (which is located on the side of the oil pan)

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! If the CE and AB lights turn off after you start the car that's normal as stated above. The check oil light most likely just means you're a little low. If you park on an incline this can happen as well. If you're getting the CEL on during driving just take it to Autozone if you have one and they'll hook up and read the codes for free.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Hi my oil light, engine light and airbag light on my 1992 mustang lx are all turning on everyonce in a while but not at the same time. The airbag light comes on when i start it along with the check engine light, but the check oil light comes on while driving. Oil seems fine, gauge is normal and everything seems to run fine. what is causing the lights to come on?
Like everyone else said, when do the air bag and check engine lights come on? Do they STAY on?

The oil light is a warning light for when you are too low on oil. Means you need to check your oil level and more than likely add some more oil to it ASAP! If you are low on oil, then you might be overdue for an oil change, unless you're burning/leaking oil. This is something you really need to check into as soon as possible!

BTW- Welcome to the site! You'll get plenty of help here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i checked the oil and and im pretty sure i need an oil change because the oil is a bit dark. but the check engine light sometimes is on when im driving and same with the airbag light. i think it might be burning oil though. what do i do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are there any other replys to this thread ? I have the same issue with my 92 5.0 lx.
Oil light stays on .. ( may be burning ) every month adding a quart to be safe.
Check engine light comes on every now and then.. ( may be vacuum leak) not sure where to start checking.
Thanks for reading and would greatly appreciate any feedback.
Sincerely ,
92 fox daily driver, bay area California

1 - 7 of 7 Posts