Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Mustang GT. I recently purchased a CNL CAI (95mm MAF uprgade from stock) with XCAL3 tuner. Upon intalling the CAI and tuning with the XCAL my check engine light has started to come on after driving a few miles.
The XCAL is giving me a P0174 code (too lean). Does anyone have any advise on what I need to do to resolve this issue? The XCAL allows mean to adjust the air/fuel ratio in 2% increments with a maximum of 14%. Any suggestions on the proper ration retune the car too?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Add 2% fuel and clear the code. If it comes back add 2 more. I'd still contact your tuner about the tune.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Maybe try to reload the tune before adjusting it.
I see you are in Baton Rouge they have a shop over there that I use it's StangHi Performance, If problem persists call Cody maybe he can help you out (225)751-4321

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Maybe try to reload the tune before adjusting it.
I see you are in Baton Rouge they have a shop over there that I use it's StangHi Performance, If problem persists call Cody maybe he can help you out (225)751-4321
Could be he didn't select the correct CAI if he's running the SCT tunes.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The was no tune set in the XCAL. I set in for the brand CAI and 93 octane. I left everything else stock.

I cleared the error and increased the ratio twice. I'm at 4% now with no errors so far. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Stupid question time, but I hate to overlook the obvious. When you selected the 93 octane tune, did you get a full tank of 93 octane gas? If you tuned before fill up you would get the error. If you tuned and only got half a tank of 93 then you might get the error. It's important to run your tank near empty, get the desired octane gas then tune.

You might also want to make sure your MAF Sensor is properly sealed where it goes thru the intake tube. Mine worked its way loose and I got all sorts of funky behavior.

These are just some thoughts. Of course, this is in addition to all the above as those were good points too.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
The MAF thing is a good idea. If there is unmetered air entering the intake it could certainly cause problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.