Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was riding in my friends car, and the fuel gauge dropped to E, from full. and then went right back up. Right after this the check engine light came on... for no reason... any help would be greatly appreciated, (lunchboxt's car)

·
Registered
12 Posts
sorry i didnt post sooner i couldnt log on yesterday, anyways i'm real irritated, everything seems to be working fine, but i will go to autozone or something to get my computer peeped out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
yeah that's the best way to go, because otherwise unless it's a real obvious issue it's tough to guess.

·
Registered
12 Posts
alright so woke up this morning for work, my check engine light was off, idk why.. i got gas last night, filled up and drove like 30 miles and it was on when i turned my car off last night. WTF!?

·
Registered
160 Posts
when my car did that, it was an o2 sensor that needed to be replaced. it would be on for a while and then off. check the code when the light is on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pop on down to your local Autozone for a code check.

Most likely an O2 sensor like stated above. You can buy one for cheap and install it yourself. Buy a Hayes Service Manual, it helps!

If you want to avoid all that driving for LED checks...you can buy the same do-dad Autozone sells for $179.99.

It pays for itself on 2 full-service shop diagnostics (Normally $80-$90 per check)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.