Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could any one tell me how to fix my 96 3.8L mustang's check engine light...? It has been taken to the shop and they said they dident know what it was or why it was on... Please.. Thanks For The Help...

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
mustang196414 said:
Could any one tell me how to fix my 96 3.8L mustang's check engine light...? It has been taken to the shop and they said they dident know what it was or why it was on... Please.. Thanks For The Help...
It's usually an oxygen sensor.

Run it to AutoZone & ask 'em to check it out.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
mustang196414 said:
Just one more question how would i fix the problem?
Depends on what the readout says.

If it's an oxygen sensor, you'd just need to replace it . ..

If it's something else . . ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just had my check engine light fixed. The local Ford dealer put my 1994 mustang on the diagnostic machine and it was the DPFE sensor that was causing it to come on. I ended up paying $87.84 for the sensor plus labor all together $180.98.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They sure know how to plunder your wallet, dont they... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
ive lived with the check engine light for over a year now, thanks to my exhaust. and when i look at prices like the one you were charged i just remind myself, that light isnt so bad lol. heck when im driving i think theres a problem with the light goes out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ShadowFist said:
They sure know how to plunder your wallet, dont they... :rolleyes:
That's the statement of the year...

·
Registered
3 Posts
mustang196414 said:
My check engine light was on and I was told it was an O2 sensor, I replaced that for around $200 (parts & labour) and the light was still on, I was then told it was the spark plugs replaced them for $250, and the light was still on, this is when the mechanics wanted to change my fuel injectors. Instead I took it to a Ford specalist, and the car was put onto an advanced machine and discovered it was none of the things I replaced or my fuel injectors, it was infact the computer. I replaced that for $900 ( parts, labour & to find the problem).

·
Registered
72 Posts
fnkyscotty said:
That's the statement of the year...
And the statement makes another appearance...

Did you just have them put in another stock computer, or did you get a custom one put in instead?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.