Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I took my mustang out for a ride and then the check gas cap words came on the dash board. I went out and checked it and reset it but it still comes on. What can I do?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2005 Mustang GT. I bought a new one about 3 months with the lock but never had any problems with it until now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my 2002 mustang I found the seal between the fuel tank and the fill pipe leaking. I used some good copper gasket sealer to temporarilly fix it. I had tried a new gas cap but that didn't fix it. I'm going to have to replace that seal eventually but for now the sealer is holding. It was fairly easy to apply the sealer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you still have your stock one try it back on there after you reset the light. Locking gas caps are NOTORIOUS for causing gas cap lights.

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you still have your stock one try it back on there after you reset the light. Locking gas caps are NOTORIOUS for causing gas cap lights.
Yes they are, I keep mine on till inspection time then throw the good one on to get it through emissions. Then back to the LGC to many gas thieves around these days.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes they are, I keep mine on till inspection time then throw the good one on to get it through emissions. Then back to the LGC to many gas thieves around these days.
Well I tried the old fuel cap and still the same thing. its driving me crazy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts