Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a video i shot today of my buddy jeff who built the engine in my stang doing a burnout. this is around half throttle, and he pedaled it alittle bit. shes running good. time for paint and trim and im basically done. here is the link to the video is on youtube. what do ya think?

YouTube - SAM_0751.AVI

·
Registered
625 Posts
Sounds great, the burnout was short but tires are expensive so I completely understand. Hows traction? Any wheel hop with the added power? I don't see any traction bars from the angle of the video.

·
0 Posts
:kooky: sounds mean man i love it. great car cant wait to see it after its finished

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. its short i know, didn't want to tear up residential streets too much. we just did a gasket match port job on the intake, new gaskets, adjusted timing and tuned the carb, so decided to burn a little rubber. those tires are just my rollers. they are old., so traction is almost non existent. from 35 mph they break loose pretty nice and she has no traction bars yet. just running HD leafs and competition engineering 3 way adjustable drag shocks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I envy you...my mustang sucks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whys that? looks good in the pic. what ya have done to it?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I don't know how to put the link into this text box, but if you search my post on "just bought my next money pit" you will see the condition I bought it in 3 months ago. It's come along way but it's still rough.

When I bought it:
1)nailpolish poorly painted on rear bumper in the "mustang gt" lettering
2)cracked windshield with matching cracked rearview mirror
3)airbags both deployed and cut out leaving just gaping holes in wheel and dash
4)cracked ripped leather
5)A/C broken
6)Multiple codes, the ECT wiring was shorted, both O2sensors bad
7)Cat clogged, busted weld on pass. side stock H-pipe
8)all four tires bald
9)front brakes metal on metal
10)No stereo, all mach460 wiring spliced, cut or missing
11)been hit in pass. side rear 1/4 panel
12)poor respray job in areas with peeling and drips
13)CAI had no air filter, dirty MAF, clogged up all ports to TB with dirt
14)EGR was bad
15)front end aligment pretty bad, pulls a lot
16)motor and trans mounts shot
17)headlights cracked, missing pass side turn lense, plus the frame of the headlight that adjusts them is broken both sides, i have duct tape wedged under each light to raise them to street level, they bounce when i hit a bump!
18)rear main seal seaping
19)battery didn't hold charge
20)stalled at every stop light, surged to 3000rpm at times
21)clear out ricer tailights

I resolved half these problems, now it's just chasing occasional CEL and idling issues, cosmetics etc. No frame or rust issues so that's my main concern for now, i can work with the rest.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What's leaking? Is it hot or compression getting into the water jackets? Can't leave the line with fluids dripping. :smirk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had the overflow line off the bottle to let air out after we did the intake port job and gasket change because it burped and coolant went all over the place lol. its all good now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats alot of work road warrior. best of luck to you with your project. here are a few pics of mine when i picked it up for 300 bucks. she was trashed.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Holy s4!t you have done a great job, you should be proud!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.