Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Does the car have a tune on it? I had a bad tune on my car and it did the same thing. Apparently the tune I received was not compatible with my year. It was an SCT tune and I had to call SCT and they walked me through how to fix it and put it back to stock factory setting and then gave me the correct tune. But before with that tune the car would run like crap and it would studded and when trying to go faster it would just rev high as hell but not move. That was my problem but I am not sure if you have a tuner or not. That sucks though that your pony it acting up hope things get better:yup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
OK so your car is kinda scaring me! Your theft light is blinking comstantly when your driving in the first vid!?! wtf.. the your engine light comes on.. then off.. and in the second vid your abs light is on.. weird

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you replaced any parts recently? There are a bunch of bad fuel pumps out there... trust me - I'm dealing with Ford on this now.

But it seems fuel related. WOT with no fuel to support that much air will cause the car to stall out. The guy in the video says, 'I'm gonna get on it here' and the car stalls...

Is there any way to monitor fuel pressure while driving? It seems as the pump is working to support idle, a couple of 'no-load' revs, and a bit over idle, but not enough to support WOT.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What i have done to my car...hmm well first the motor i have is swapped. it ran good for about two months and this happened.

then we had someone check it out. our wiring harness was all nasty and crappy and cut so we bought the two engine wiring harness. put those on and still nothing.

Also my intake manifold cracked several times. coolant thrown all over my engine. i think it might have coolant in spark wells. but that was months ago. idk if it still might affect it. so i put a the same intake manifold but the redesigned one.

Also i put fuel pump.(autozone one) that was 200 bucks. umm what else. Water pump. ngk spark plugs. (forgot which ones) . wire sets.

Ok check this so we switched out the ecu. and when i took it out it had a diablo sport chip on it. so idk if that could have been a problem and the one i bought had the stock chip in it. so idk. Now i have to take it to ford to get it programed so the car can turn on and see if it was the ecu that was causing all this.

·
Registered
232 Posts
After you swapped the new motor in did you ever tune it for that motor? The car is probably thinking it's the old motor; it kind of sounds like a bad tune.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After you swapped the new motor in did you ever tune it for that motor? The car is probably thinking it's the old motor; it kind of sounds like a bad tune.

naw it ran good for about 2 months. Only problem i had was the coolant line breaking off everytime i gunned it. but to this day idk what it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts