1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Please don't beat me for saying this, obviously Im a Mustang fan, but I just hate it that the camaro holds such a huge horsepower advantage. I know the Mustang holds it's own in other categories, and the Shelby has more horses, (however if you supercharged the ss motor too it might be a different story) but as far a gt vs. ss there's no denying we have less horsepower, and in the realm of the musclecar that means a lot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do any other Mustang fans feel this way. I mean I love Ford for never turning their backs on us like GM did to their customers, and I love every thing else about the Mustang (independant suspension-who cares? the others can keep it) but they could offer the 5.4 or a supercharged 4.6 (and could have for a long time now)as a gt option, and then the gap wouldnt be so far.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Do any other Mustang fans feel this way. I mean I love Ford for never turning their backs on us like GM did to their customers, and I love every thing else about the Mustang (independant suspension-who cares? the others can keep it) but they could offer the 5.4 or a supercharged 4.6 (and could have for a long time now)as a gt option, and then the gap wouldnt be so far.
Two numbers and a decimal point for ya: 5.0

Wait for model year 2011

·
Registered
917 Posts
They do offer a supercharged 4.6 out of the dealership with 4xx horsepower. It is an option...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh, cool - they offer the blower as an option, sorry for my ignorance. Like I said Im not downing our cars, just you know how it is when you get into the horsepower discussions. Of course I could hear the chevy fans saying now "well if I supercharged my engine" you know what I mean?

Anyway how much does that option cost? out of curiosity.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Oh, cool - they offer the blower as an option, sorry for my ignorance. Like I said Im not downing our cars, just you know how it is when you get into the horsepower discussions. Of course I could hear the chevy fans saying now "well if I supercharged my engine" you know what I mean?

Anyway how much does that option cost? out of curiosity.
They charge WAY too much... Over like $6000 I think for 100HP!!!! :happyhapp

Luckily there are lots of options, besides through Ford... Check out my F/I write-up in the GT tech section, it's stickied.

And in 2011, Ford is replacing the 4.6 & the 5.4 with a 5.0 engine that produces 400 hp and 400 tq... That should scare the pants off of GM and Chrysler... :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Camero is only 1/2 second faster in the 1/4 mile with 111 hp advantage compared to the 2010 'Stang. When the '11 comes out with the COYOTE, they will be quaking in their shoes!

·
Registered
22 Posts
All right, that all sounds good. In my early life I had been slanted toward Gm cars. My first muscle car or pony car whichever segment it is, was a 1979 firebird in highschool (around 1988), and I always wanted to get another when I was old enough and made enough money to buy a new one,

I came into that position in 2000, and was set to buy a ws6 trans-am. Just by chance my sister in law had been hired at ford motor credit shortly before. No one in my area hardly had a ws6 for sale at the time, and the dealers that did, acted like they didnt care if they sold it or not, and wouldnt come off the 31k or so sticker.

Well, I started looking at gt's on the A-plan (employee disc.), and couldnt justify not buying one instead. At the time I did have an interest in them as I had fun memories of racing everything in town in a h.s. friends 5.0 LX. So I purchased a 2000 gt convertible for 27k, down from the 30 sticker. We then got my wife a 2000 EB. expedition. And from then on we have been a very loyal Ford family.They have great salespeople, very good quality and good performance.

We currently have a 02 Excursion with over a 100k on the 6.8 V-10, that runs as good as the day we bought it, and a 2003 GT coupe, which is my 2nd mustang. And I dont see us leaving FoMoCo anytime soon. But I do like to see us be on top and have good bragging rights. :shiny:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
congrats, nighttrain. I love to see a convert, a quick look to the econcomy right now shows which is the best managed and strongest company. You made a good choice. I am 39 years old, and have owned a 70 Dodge Charger, 78 Chevy Blazer, and a 2003 Jeep Wrongler. Out of the 40 or so vehicles I've owned, these are the only non-Ford, and all three were :bigthumbsup a POS. I have learned my lesson.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
go mustang!!!!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm just wondering if the Coyote will be in its own special model, ie Mach I or maybe a Cobra? I doubt Cobra, but the Mach I would make sense, keep the 4.6 in the GT for an entry level and keep the aftermarket (who has spent lots developing parts for it) happy, and give us an affordable camero killer. Not many of us can afford a GT 500, but some might still want 300 HP GT. Bring on the Mach I, or maybe call it a Boss 302 (my favorite!)!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.