Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I stopped at the grocery store on the way home last night. Piled a few bags of groceries in on top of the bass guitar, amp, and gig bag already in the trunk (no room, Ha!) and motored the 3 miles home. I made a somewhat spirited turn on to my street and eased down the road, coasting in 2nd gear. Crossing a slight dip, the info center starts beeping. It says "trunk ajar." I look out the back glass and, sure enough, the trunk lid is moving up and down a little. Now, I KNOW I closed it tight at the store. As I pull into the garage, I'm thinking - I'm pretty sure I didn't hit the keychain release, maybe I didn't close it well enough, boy that kind of random opening would suck on the interstate....
I hop out and gently lift the trunk lid. It comesup about 1/2" and hits great resistance. Lifting harder, it opens on up

AND THE BAG WITH THE MILK IS HANGING FROM THE EMERGENCY TRUNK RELEASE!!!:happyhapp :happyhapp

Careful when loading the trunk, folks. Fugitive foods now have an escape plan!!:rolleyes:

I laughed my arse off!

·
Registered
599 Posts
:kooky:FUNNY!!!! :laughlitt

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
ultraclyde said:
Okay, I stopped at the grocery store on the way home last night. Piled a few bags of groceries in on top of the bass guitar, amp, and gig bag already in the trunk (no room, Ha!) and motored the 3 miles home. I made a somewhat spirited turn on to my street and eased down the road, coasting in 2nd gear. Crossing a slight dip, the info center starts beeping. It says "trunk ajar." I look out the back glass and, sure enough, the trunk lid is moving up and down a little. Now, I KNOW I closed it tight at the store. As I pull into the garage, I'm thinking - I'm pretty sure I didn't hit the keychain release, maybe I didn't close it well enough, boy that kind of random opening would suck on the interstate....
I hop out and gently lift the trunk lid. It comesup about 1/2" and hits great resistance. Lifting harder, it opens on up

AND THE BAG WITH THE MILK IS HANGING FROM THE EMERGENCY TRUNK RELEASE!!!:happyhapp :happyhapp

Careful when loading the trunk, folks. Fugitive foods now have an escape plan!!:rolleyes:

I laughed my arse off!
The milk must have been a Chevy fan :laughlitt

·
Registered
260 Posts
It saw the name of the stereo system and wanted out before it was turned into a "Shake 500"...sorry, just trying to milk this for all it's worth......

Good thing it didn't get all over your amp, that woulda been a bummer!!!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Lol, funny. Lucky it didnt break open and spill. youd never get that spoiled milk smell out!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have caught a plastic grocery bag on that release as well. I was thinking of cutting it off, but I don't what that HazmatLadder guy jumping me. He went nuts enough over a airbag decal. :happyhapp

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Lol, Maybe a piece of 3M velcro on the handle and it will stick to the inside carpet? Or would this fall under modding a safety device? Nah, just a minor relocation.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That's funny because the exact same thing happened to me.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
These arent to be grocery go getters! But seems any reason you can think of to take a ride is what it comes down to. I can even see myself driving to the neighbors house.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Stoenr said:
These arent to be grocery go getters! But seems any reason you can think of to take a ride is what it comes down to. I can even see myself driving to the neighbors house.

The trunk is plenty big for a grocery getter. I took my family of four to Detroit a couple weekends ago, luggage and all. Left the mini-van @ home. :winks

·
Registered
483 Posts
I had a gallon bottle of water bust its cap in my car a month ago. That was scary. I think I have PTSD now. Everytime I stop short for some idiot cutting in front of me, I have a flashback.. but the memory is different: it's of a gallon of rotten milk busting open and spilling all over my floor. Dear god.

Best place for liquid bottles is on the floor infront of the backseat (if you can fit it). can't go anywhere!

~Mo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts