Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi all,

Checking in from Wisconsin.:wavey

Traded off my 2010 Challenger for a 2012 Shelby GT 500.

Up to the point of me taking the Shelby home I had never in my life driven a Ford Vehicle, much less a Mustang.

So yep, that means I never even tried it out before I bought it........Just made up my mind and did it.

Primary Reason for trading was the Horsepower.

Already have an arm long list of Mods on order :gringreen

Hope to participate and learn lots about Mustangs cuz I Know very little right now !!

My old Challenger
P1010005-2.jpg

My New Shelby
2012-shelby-gt500.jpg

G

·
Welcome to AFM! I love the Challengers but I obviously have a soft spot for Mustangs! What are you thoughts after driving it? We're glad you're here so browse around and holler if you need anything.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to AFM! I love the Challengers but I obviously have a soft spot for Mustangs! What are you thoughts after driving it? We're glad you're here so browse around and holler if you need anything.
I have mixed feelings over whether it was the right decision.
I did alot of mods to the Challenger and had some one of a kind billet parts made for it so that's what I'll really miss.
The Challenger is a much smoother ride and alot less road noise.
However, the Shelby has much, much more power and that is really what I am after :D

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
good choice! I frequently think about cashing out on all of my cars and buying a new GT500. :cooldude:

So.... what mods are you planning?

G

·
Cool. I can see that on a larger platform the Challenger has a bit more of a luxury feel to it but when I drive my stangs I just feel so connected to the road. Soft suspensions are for whimps lol...

Regardless... you're sure on top of the power now so have fun!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Congradulations. If road noise bothers you, change the mufflers. haha. No really, your gonna love your new girlfriend. She's prettier and faster and everyone is looking at her.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Welcome to the family.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts