Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an independent muffler shop do it for $250. I had them use the tips off my stock mufflers so externally, it looks OEM:

In loudness, the Pro series are about half way up Cherry Bomb's line of mufflers:
http://www.cherrybomb.com/Uploads/images/soundchart.jpg

SHORT VID:

There's some drone between 1500-2000 rpm, but the muffler shop said to give it at least 2 weeks to settle in. They said if after that I still thought it was an issue, to go back in. :bigthumbsup

So if it settles down some, I'm keeping 'em!

·
Registered
199 Posts
How is the idle on it? You should post a video of a cold start idle and when its warmed up. I was also thinking of putting cherry bomb mufflers on mine but I was gonna put the cherry bomb extreme...by any chance do you know how that sounds on these new v6's?

735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is the idle on it? You should post a video of a cold start idle and when its warmed up. I was also thinking of putting cherry bomb mufflers on mine but I was gonna put the cherry bomb extreme...by any chance do you know how that sounds on these new v6's?
Heh Jg,

The idle on it is pretty quiet, not loud at all.

Check out 1:07-1:11 again of the vid where I'm idling at a light. You can't even tell the car is running. :)

I don't personally know anything about the Extreme muffler, except that it's listed as "loudest" in Cherry Bomb's sound list (provided in my original post).

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Ever hang out at car get togethers in the ALB area? I have do a lot of time there.

Man, I would LOVE to hear all these exhaust options in person!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah I saw it and it's very quiet! You should do an outside video of idle and revs.
I'm really wondering about cherry bomb extreme but I can't find anyone with it yet! And I don't want to just spend money and what if I don't like it,waste! My local muffler shop chargers me 280$ to install and everything,

735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ever hang out at car get togethers in the ALB area? I have do a lot of time there.

Man, I would LOVE to hear all these exhaust options in person!
Heh D/stick, I'm a member of the Adirondack Shelby Mustang Club (and a few others as well). You should join up!

Here's their web page:
Adirondack Shelby Mustang Club
And on Facebook:
Adirondack Shelby-Mustang Regional Club - Info | Facebook

We also do a Cruise-In on Wed. nights:

Also, there's going to be a car show tomorrow in Scotia. The weather looks great and I plan on going:
Cruisin of Ave Car Show

Let me know if you want to meet up!

735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I saw it and it's very quiet! You should do an outside video of idle and revs.
The neighbors! The Police!

Oh MY!

I'm really wondering about cherry bomb extreme but I can't find anyone with it yet! And I don't want to just spend money and what if I don't like it,waste! My local muffler shop chargers me 280$ to install and everything,
Here's a link on Chery Bomb's website where they have some audio clips of their exhausts (there's one of the Extreme on a 05-08 Mustang V6):

Various Clips:
Cherry Bomb | Sounds
Direct Link:
http://www.cherrybomb.com/sites/www/uploads/files/sounds/mustang_extreme.mp3

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The neighbors! The Police!

Oh MY!

What? You can't start and rev the car a few times because of neighbors and police? Come on man, I'm sure it sounds great, but it isn't a big block by any stretch.

My neighbor has a 57 Chevy with a big block and isn't shy about starting it and boy does he rev it! No problems here. I'm sure the police won't get called in because of a 60 second vid. Just saying...

735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What? You can't start and rev the car a few times because of neighbors and police? Come on man, I'm sure it sounds great, but it isn't a big block by any stretch.

My neighbor has a 57 Chevy with a big block and isn't shy about starting it and boy does he rev it! No problems here. I'm sure the police won't get called in because of a 60 second vid. Just saying...
Maybe that's how you guys do things in Illinois ...

In NY State, they shoot you just for asking them for directions. :D

I'm having lunch with my dad today, will try to get the clip then and have it up later. LOL

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Person in the minivan at that stoplight had a death wish...

And I can't believe that you can do those rolling WOT pulls but can't do an outside view of it revving.

Sounds decent inside the car though.

735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Person in the minivan at that stoplight had a death wish...
I was wondering when someone was going to notice that.

And I can't believe that you can do those rolling WOT pulls but can't do an outside view of it revving.
LOL.

Well, the highway is not really a place known for it's peace and quiet. People's backyards, on the other hand ... are.

Sounds decent inside the car though.
Thanks! I just hope some of the 1500-2000 rpm drone dissipates. The mechanic explained to me that a muffler should be allowed to go through many hot/cold cycles before a determination is made regarding how it ultimately sounds.

We'll see ...

·
Registered
949 Posts
Man, the 05-08 v6 in the link with the extreme mufflers sounds pretty bada** to me! Doesn't sound like a 6.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Quote:
LOL.

Quote:
Well, the highway is not really a place known for it's peace and quiet. People's backyards, on the other hand ... are.
So find a place on the side of the road somewhere or in a parking lot at walmart or something to do the idle and rev video.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Man, the 05-08 v6 in the link with the extreme mufflers sounds pretty bada** to me! Doesn't sound like a 6.
Yea they did, but remember they are 4.0's :winks

Some drive-by vids would be nice. Many manufacturers/customers record videos of revs, but the exhaust usually changes when actually driving the car vs. just sitting in park or neutral and reving it out.

Like Ltngdrvr said find a big parking lot late at night, and get a friend to record you taking it around the lot.

735 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quick Update: 1500-2000rpm drone is still there. Doesn't seem to bother me as much now, must be getting used to it.

After the install I noticed when going up a steep hill (under load) that there's a rattle. I don't hear it any other time. So I brought the car back to the muffler shop and they checked it out, said everything was tight and all was ok.

To rule out pre-ignition detonation as the cause, I changed it from the Premium tune to the Regular tune. Still there.

Think maybe when he cut off the OEM muffler, something else in the exhaust became loose?

What ya'll think ...

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Sounds pretty darn good. I like it!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quick Update: 1500-2000rpm drone is still there. Doesn't seem to bother me as much now, must be getting used to it.

After the install I noticed when going up a steep hill (under load) that there's a rattle. I don't hear it any other time. So I brought the car back to the muffler shop and they checked it out, said everything was tight and all was ok.

To rule out pre-ignition detonation as the cause, I changed it from the Premium tune to the Regular tune. Still there.

Think maybe when he cut off the OEM muffler, something else in the exhaust became loose?

What ya'll think ...
I think you should post up a video of outside idle and rev!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts